Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss 2nd RE appointment Tomorrow!What should I ask?

2nd RE appointment Tomorrow!What should I ask?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-09-10, 05:28 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Question 2nd RE appointment Tomorrow!What should I ask?

I wanted to maybe get some idea's from you ladies on what I should ask.
I don't want to botch this one up like I did the last one.
The RPL tests on me have already been done and are normal....So what should I ask? I want to have a healthy baby SOON!
On a side not tomorrow is my due date with my second loss....I hope I don't loose it there>>
TIA

Old 03-09-10, 05:51 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5738%

I lost it in my RE's office the first time. So don't sweat it--unfortunately, I think it's part of their jobs.

I would ask about the DNA Decondensation Test for DH. That was our problem and after many, many other tests proved "normal", this was the one that gave us the answer. Very shortly after, we conceived our son through IUI and he just turned one. And given the line of work your husband is in, I think it's DEFINITELY a possibility to explore.

Thank you Dopey406!
countrycutieluv (03-09-10)

Old 03-09-10, 05:54 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Hmmm... they haven't checked the quality of your eggs yet, have they? I was put on clomid and they checked blood levels on certain days of my cycle while on it to see my ratio of good eggs to bad ones. I also know that my levels of prolactin were high which gave me a higher chance of miscarriage. That was another blood test. Let us know what happens!!!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!

Old 03-09-10, 05:55 PM
is A blessed Wife and Mommy
Loving our babies!!

Thanked 795 Times
Weekly Activity 1.33%

Oh, and I LOST it in my RE's office too.... we all understand!
Thank you Mark'sbabygirl!

Old 03-09-10, 05:55 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 41.33%

In addition to what Deanna said, I think it's important to have a plan in place. I'd want to know what the re's plan was, at least the next tests (if any) to bedone, and what protocol will be used to try to help you conceive. That was comforting to me when things didn't work; I knew already what the next step was (even if the next step was to try the same thing again, or tweak meds, etc).
Thank you 3Princes!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools