Baby Corner

Old 10-11-07, 11:13 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default After a miscarriage

Hello...
I have not yet started TTC, but will hopefully be on this board in December (as some of you already know). My question is for those of you who have miscarried before (actually it's 2 questions).

How soon after your miscarriage do you stop cramping and bleeding? Mine was yesterday morning (Wed morning) and I am still having both.

Also, how soon did you get your first period afterward?

And how soon could you TTC again?

Sorry for all of the questions...this is my first loss and I'm just trying to look ahead...the past and the present are tough to deal with right now.

Old 10-11-07, 11:57 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 42 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

How soon after your miscarriage do you stop cramping and bleeding? I bled for about a week. I had about 2 days of cramping and then for about 5minutes it got very intense and then everything passed at once. After that I had very little cramping and the bleeding started to get less and less. Some people pass everything over a few days but I was all at one time.

Also, how soon did you get your first period afterward? I got my period about a month later, almost as if the m/c was a period

And how soon could you TTC again? Our dr suggested waiting throught two full cycles before ttc again

Old 10-12-07, 07:54 AM
Mom Of 4 Girls!

Thanked 21 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

How soon after your miscarriage do you stop cramping and bleeding? About a week

Also, how soon did you get your first period afterward? the next month

And how soon could you TTC again? the next month but you are to wait 3 cycles

We are here for you!

Old 10-12-07, 08:10 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

I got my period about 4 weeks after my first two losses and I'm still waiting for this time around. Each time I bled for about a week with cramping off and on.

My doctor suggests waiting until after my first post-loss period to start TTC again.

This sucks, I know. I'm sorry you're going through this. Lean on us as much as you need to...we'll all here with you and for you.

Old 10-12-07, 05:40 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Well i had a D&C on a Monday, and had no bleeding, then had a major flow about a week later. 4.5 weeks after that, I had a regular period (it took a while, I thought) . I had lots of cramping too. Since we do IUI's and have to go to the dr, we had to wait 3 full periods. I am expecting that 2nd period next week sometime and will have to decide very soon if we're ready yet!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools