Old 04-27-08, 10:23 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%
Question Angel Associations

Another just wondering kind of thing --

Do you see random things and associate them with your angels?

For instance -- I got the news about my ectopic in the bathroom on the phone (they called while I was in the shower). I can't be in the bathroom with the phone without that memory triggering.

Sarah McLaughlin's "Arms of the Angels" is also the song I associate with them....

Old 04-27-08, 10:28 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Mine are different things. For Laura, it's the Peace Lily plant on the mantel that someone brought for me after we lost her in September. For Sam, it's a million things because he was our first loss. For Gabe, it's the play area at the mall because I had to entertain my in-laws on the day I miscarried and we were there. For Joy, it's the ultrasound photo of her that is still in the visor of the van--I feel like I can't take it out of the van. And for Erin, it's Sarah's school fundraiser because the moment I stood up to accept a prize (in front of EVERYONE), I felt her pass out of me and while I was smiling in front of the crowd, I was devastated.

Also, two of our losses have been on back-to-back Thanksgivings, so Thanksgiving this year will HOPEFULLY have a whole new meaning.

Old 04-27-08, 10:30 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Oh, and I forgot to add that we have a "memory box" on my nightstand that has Sam's name and conception date engraved on it. Inside we keep all of my pregnancy tests, chromosomal analysis reports, cards, letters, notes, a bib, and stuff in there to remind us of our 5 angels. I look at it every day and think of our babies.

Old 04-27-08, 11:27 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 8.57%

Are those things helpful or healing things?

I'm not sure i could keep some of the tests and such and move forward.

Does your book from me fit in the box?

Old 04-28-08, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

Yes, your book fits in the box, but I keep your book in the office next to my computer. It serves the dual purpose of reminding me of my angels and reminding me of you.

And yeah, it does help me move on. I feel that the babies are a part of our family--we have 7 children, though you can only see two of them in family photos.

So throwing away the tests and stuff, to me, would feel like I'm throwing the babies away. It's sometimes the ONLY proof I have that they existed.

When I'm feeling down, I get the box and thumb through everything. It makes me feel closer to them in a strange, macabre way.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools