Baby Corner

Old 01-14-08, 06:16 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question Any experience w/ prog cream?

Hi there! I am an avid user of Arbonne products (via my sister in law) and she called me the other day and asked if I'd heard about their Prolief progesterone cream. It is marketed as a natural thing for menopausal women, but a lot of women my age with unexplained infertility have been using it with success.

I haven't found anything about the dangers of using it. It is premeasured and gives instructions for when to use it and when not to use it, as far as days of your cycle.

I have to do IUI's and everything has checked out ok, including my progesterone levels, but sometimes i just feel out of whack. I am considering giving it a try and wondered if any of you have used it or had any advice about this kind of stuff. I will be taking clomid and doing an HCG shot, and neither of those contain any progesterone (so no overload or anything). I guess what else have I got to lose?

Your thoughts?

Old 01-17-08, 03:51 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I remember reading about deanna using it

Old 01-17-08, 04:43 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I do have it. I've only used it for a couple of cycles and those two cycles ended in miscarriage (but so did my two previous pregnancies, too). The Prolief had NOTHING to do with the losses.

It's safe to use but be sure to use it after your IUI (after ovulation), as using it before can mess up your ovulation (even with the trigger shots).

Old 01-18-08, 07:09 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Gald you got an answer from Deanna, because I couldn't have given you any....

Old 01-20-08, 11:58 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh! wow I didn't know that! i was told to use it for 3 weeks, then take a break once my period started. so you've used it after ovulation. do you stop once af shows up then, until after ovulation?

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools