Baby Corner

Old 02-25-05, 11:16 AM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Post Appt update

Had my u/s at 8:30 this morning. Cysts are still there; however, she did off some hope. They do continue with medicated cycles unless they are at least 14mm and below. The cyst on my right side (blood filled cyst) for my 1st u/s was 18mm, 2nd u/s is was 17mm, today's u/s was 13mm. She said had that been the only one, this cycle would have been a go.

The cyst on my left side is the one that the u/s tech always types "Possible Endometrial". That cyst was 25mm for my 2nd u/s and today is was 19mm.

So the good news is at least they are shrinking. She asked me what my RE and I have been discussing and if he informed me of possibly another lap. I told her that I informed him if it came down to another lap then I was done. She said I didn't have to start BCP until Saturday so I had time to decide if I want to do another round of BCP and hopefully they keep shrinking for next cycle.

I'm going to discuss this with DH tonight but I think I will do another round of BCP. After all, they are shrinking~ What do you think?

Old 02-25-05, 01:41 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Stupid cysts. I'm sorry they're still hanging around, though it's great news that they're shrinking. Are you on Metformin? The endocrinologist (not my RE) who I see for my thyroid treats PCO patients as well, and he told me he prescribes Met to help shrink cysts. I've been taking Met for 7 weeks, not quite long enough to have had a real effect, so I gues that's why my RE also put me on bcp. Also, my RE told me yesterday that in women with PCO, bcp can help get your hormonal system regulated. She said they see an increase in pg rates for women like us after they've done one or more rounds of bcp.

It is SO SO SO frustrating to wait, it feels like a step backward sometimes, I know. On the other hand, you're still moving toward your goal. That thing my RE told me yesterday about how taking bcp before trying will increase my odds really made me feel better...like I'm not on a break, just taking meds as part of the process. Also, the good thing about bcp is that I know I'll have a short cycle and I know when to expect af, which is a lot more than I can say for my koo-koo unmedicated cycles.

At any rate, I know you didn't feel like your u/s was an A+, but it does sound like you're making real progress and you're on the right track. Lots of

to you, Mandi.

Old 02-25-05, 02:20 PM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Sarah~

I tried taking Met a couple of months ago but I couldn't get past the side effects. If me and DH went to a restaurant on the weekend, we had to make sure we didn't need to go anywhere after because we had to rush home. Sometimes, on a trip to town, DH would have to stop once or twice for me to use the bathroom.

How are your side effects?

Old 02-26-05, 06:10 AM
CL & Mom22boys!

Thanked 15 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I wish I knew more about the meds and treatments that you two are taking, but I am not aware of them at all. That being said, it sounds like sarah has given you great advice. I say do another round of the BCP.. why not! I am so much pulling for you two!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools