Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

baby aspirin

Reply Post New Topic

• ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 11-27-04 | 01:24 PM
  • I'm getting mixed messages about when to take it & how much to take. Is 81 mg considered baby aspirin? Nothing says "baby aspirin" on the box, but this one is "Low Dose". Also, someone told me that they only took it until they O'd, but I thought I was supposed to take it all the time..? Her doctor told her that the aspirin might actually increase risk of miscarriage, so I'm confused. I've been having pain since I've been taking it, too - sharp pains in my ovaries and miserable cramps, just like I have when I'm pregnant. Did anyone else experience this? Thanks!
  • ~babydoll~ ~babydoll~'s Avatar 11-27-04 | 05:35 PM
  • 81mg is the proper dose, same as baby aspirin. Regular strength aspirin is what's dangerous. If the low dose one was dangerous, it would not be part of the majority of IVF protocols.

• Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 11-27-04 | 06:27 PM
  • The 81mgs is right. My perinatologist told me to take 1 per day EVERY day. If it is to help prevent miscarriage it wouldn't make sense to stop after you O.
  • ChandyRae ChandyRae's Avatar 11-27-04 | 07:13 PM
  • That's what I thought, too. Did either of you have pain while taking it? I'm feeling really optimistic about it. I put two & two together and realized that I have really light AF's, so maybe not having a fully lined uterus is my problem and this will help.
  • ~babydoll~ ~babydoll~'s Avatar 11-28-04 | 03:40 AM
  • Nope, no pain at all.