Baby Corner

Old 10-10-08, 09:29 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

It's a wonderful name.

We purchased a "memory box" from Bombay Company when we had our first loss. We had his name (Samuel Richard) and his conception date engraved on the front. Inside, we keep my HPTs, the cards we received when we told everyone we were expecting, a little embroidered bib received as a gift, in addition to the cards we received when he died, his chromosomal analysis report, and various other memories.

Unfortunately for us, we have added four more babies to the count and we're eventually going to add all of their names (when we know we're "done" losing babies

). We keep all of my HPTs, chromosomal analyses, etc. in there.

The box sits on my nightstand and the girls know that "Sam's Box" isn't to be played with or bothered. Sarah (5) sometimes asks if she can look in there and we look through it together and talk about the babies.

Personally, it's helped me have some kind of tangible "evidence" that my babies existed, if even for a short while. We found out the genders of three of them and the other two we just chose a gender and went with it.

Here's another

and if you need to chat, PM me anytime.

Thank you Dopey406!
Keepers (10-10-08)

Old 10-10-08, 10:39 PM
is shocked!
Moma to 3 amazing kids!

Thanked 986 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 520%

Thanks Deanna That helps. We both really like that name and I was wanting something unisex. I am not sure yet as to what we will get or do but I want it to be special. I would like to get something to put the MANY hcts in but I was also thinking about maybe something I can wear like a necklace so it would always be close to heart. But were not sure yet. The only people I have told is DH and MIL/FIL. My parents dont even know yet and I am not sure we will tell anyone. Its just not something that is easy to talk about or to bring up in conversation. MIL was just so happening to be asking what Dr was doing for me since I wasnt pregnant yet.

Old 11-06-08, 06:42 PM
Community Member

Thanked 166 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

not crazy i think it would help you have closure
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools