Baby Corner

Old 06-28-05, 01:00 AM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Default Cycles after a m/c?

I had a miscarriage this morning, and the doctor says I should wait two periods before we try again. I'm hoping those of you who have been through this can tell me when I can expect my period to return. I know I need time off to get my head together, but it would be helpful to me if someone could prepare me for what to expect. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-28-05, 10:27 AM
Mum to 4 Angels

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Rudi,

I'm sorry to hear of your m/c (((HUGS)))

How far along were you? Did you need a D&C?

I've had 4, both m/c's and D&C's and my AF's have always arrived approx 6 weeks later.
Sadly, It does tend to muck up cycles for a while, but again, it depends on how far along you were etc.

If it was early and there were no complications, then it's probably ok to start trying again after AF has been and gone.
Dr's only advise longer for emotional reasons.

Take Care,

Tamsin

Old 06-28-05, 12:40 PM
I am Blessed!

Thanked 23 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

sorry to hear about your loss ... i m/c-ed at 10 wks. in march and had a d&c in april ... af didn't return for 7 wks. and it was only 2 days ... my ob said to wait at least until the first af showed to ttc ... she said 2 cycles but then after my questioning agreed that 2 was kind of arbitrary but to at least wait the 1 ... i hope your healing period is quick and that you conceive again soon ...

Old 06-28-05, 04:38 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I was 12 weeks and had to have a D&C, which was a blessing because the bleeding is starting to taper off. Thank you both for the information and your kind words.

Old 06-28-05, 06:20 PM
Mommy to 3

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools