Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss Dh explained how he felt......

Dh explained how he felt......

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 01-22-10, 11:17 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.82%
Post Dh explained how he felt......

Well as most know I have my counsult with the RE on Feb 1st.
So over chat dh and I disscussed how far "we" are willing to go to have a baby. We know our insurance wont cover IUI's or IVF,just the diagnosis and treatment of the issue.
So I tried to explain and prepair dh for what they may or may not do for treatment. I kind of wanted a game plan in place.
So dh said that he doesn't want to do IVF since there is no guarantee and there is so much involved,he doesn't want me to go though all that.
The only other thing that he stated was after two more losses (I pray that doesn't happen) then he is done trying. He doesn't want us to go through that its too hard on both of us.
While I understand where he is coming from and I respect him coming forward and putting his foot down (he never does). I'm a little sad to see an end.
Now nothing is set in stone as to our issues or if we will ever have another loss, but to know that there is a final point...is well bitter sweet I guess.
I don't dispute dh's dissition at all and completly respect his point of view..I think I'm proud that he finally spoke up!

Old 01-24-10, 10:22 AM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

Aww well Im sure it has been a hard road for him as well and he only has the best in mind for the welfare of you both! Thats horrible that your insurance doesn't cover either. I spoke with one of the girls i work with who had IVF and our insurance covers 80%, even then she said she still had to pay $42,000. She said her daughter is like her little car payment every month! Please keep us updated as to what the re says on the first! Best of luck!

Old 02-01-10, 09:43 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 10.91%

So how did it go today with the RE???

I understand where your DH is coming from. I hope he has an open mind to the plans/ideas from your RE.

I am hoping to hear some good news from you soon!
Thank you Oreo!
countrycutieluv (02-01-10)

Old 02-01-10, 09:45 PM
is Living a new type of life
Spring is in the Air

Thanked 523 Times
Weekly Activity 1.82%

I posted a new thread on my re appointment! Thanks for all the encouragment!

Latest Articles
13 Ways to Naturally Relieve Morning Sickness
Is morning sickness getting you down? Here are 13 ways to help calm your stomach, and relieve morning sickness whether you have it in the morning, afternoon, or all day.

Milk Allergy in Infants
Sometimes it's difficult to tell if your baby is sick, or if s(he) has a milk or forumula allergy. Learn the difference, the symptoms and treatment options of milk allergies in infants.

Here's Why Eating Organic During Pregnancy Is Better
During pregnancy, it might be wise to switch to eating organic foods for the health of your baby. Learn why.

BPA Exposure and Infertility in Women
BPA seems to have an effect on infants, children, and pregnant women, and there also seems to be a link between BPA and infertility in women.

Kate Middleton Suffers Severe Morning Sickness in Second Pregnancy
Kate Middleton is once again experiencing severe morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, in her second pregnancy.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools