Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss Don't know if i have it in me...

Don't know if i have it in me...

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-03-08, 05:49 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Unhappy Don't know if i have it in me...

Ladies, I dont' know how I ever made it to this board (that i was ever actually pg) but i don't know how much more of the TTC i can take! I'd love to have the energy to jump back on the bandwagon after each consecutive "loss" (i consider each and every failed diui somewhat of a loss).

I know one shouldn't make any decisions when you're a ball of emotions, but i just don't know what i should do. I cry when i think about not being pg, i cry when i think about how long the adoption process might be and how hard it is going to be to finally tell the whole world that we can't have kids!

i really wanted to get pg so our infertility issue didn't have to be front page. i'm not embarrased, its just a sad thing that i don't like to talk about. having a family is the end point, but i am SO losing the will to keep at this.

we've made calls to adoption agencies and may be going to an orientation meeting. we've "sort of" decided to give the diui thing a couple more tries but start the adoption process in the meantime (it could take a LONG time) I would love to be in Denise's (nisey) situation with a beautiful adopted child and one on the way!

DH is very much wavering on what to do, as am i. There just aren't any easy answers. As much as we talk about adoption, i wonder just how ready we are to seriously begin that path

DH said to me today why can't i just pop out a kid and i could hear the exasperation in his voice. we're all frustrated here. it bothers me when he says "i can't wait until this baby stuff is behind us" he wants to move on, but i wonder if he realizes that our kids will be what our lives are about. its not just a destination! kids are a whole journey!

ok, well that's my piece. there.

Old 03-03-08, 06:27 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

Oh, Erica, I wish I could give you a real

right now. I know how exasperating it can be.

It's difficult to make decisions because every minute is emotional. We are in a similar position in our decision about how to proceed. It's all so confusing and no path can guarantee 100% that you'll end up with a baby in your arms. Makes one want to

!!!!

Keep hanging in there and vent here all you like.

We're swimming upstream with you.

Old 03-03-08, 08:51 PM
Community Member

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

It is so different for dh's dont even try to understand it. It is impossible they will not understand what it does to us and we will not understand how they deal with it. Hang in there!

Old 03-03-08, 09:03 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

oh, Erica!! Deanna and I would be fighting to hug you first.

I totally get your feelings, your hopes, your saddness, your confusion.

I think the adoption plans sound good -- to me it is just like options and another way to achieve your goal.

I sure hope that your heart finds comfort and peace in your process and decisions where ever you are and what ever they may be.

Hang with us as long as you want and need. I'd miss you if you left.

Old 03-03-08, 09:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

well after a long evening of crying and talking. we just decided that right now adoption ISNT the right road for us right now. I think we were looking for an out, but it turns out that we just aren't totally on board with things. So DH just said-call up the dr and order the meds, we're going to keep on doing what we're doing. Nothing is going to happen unless we make it happen. Even if taking a month off seems like a break, taking a break is just that much longer we have to deal with the dark cloud over our heads. As i like to say- S@it or get off the pot! So if it doesn't work again, well at least we're trying. So here we go again: clomid, u/s, hcg shot and two weeks of praying...
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools