Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss >
Eager to try...advice please

Eager to try...advice please

Reply Post New Topic

• Just30 10-31-07 | 10:59 AM
  • Hello! As most of you know, I suffered the miscarriage of our first child on 10/10. I am anticipating seeing AF next week (or soon after) and we are eager to try again. My Dr told me to wait 2 AFs and try after the 2nd one (she said only one cycle, but that is tricky b/c that really means 2 periods). Anyway, what have your drs recommened as far as a waiting period?

I did not have to have a d&c and my HCG levels are down to 15 (going back on Monday to make sure they are below 10). So, I feel that my body is regulating.

I will wait the extra month if I have to and it's recommended for medical reasons, but if it's just for emotional reasons...we're ready! I cannot wait to be pregnant again and know it could take a while (took 7 months with the first).

Please advise!
  • ~Kelli~ ~Kelli~'s Avatar 10-31-07 | 11:02 AM
  • you know.... it's not the end of the world if you try again, but my dr said he recommends waiting 1 normal cycle bc your lining doesnt have a chance to get thick enough after a mc and it needs to be a certain thickness to ensure proper implantation.... BUT- without a d&c i think all bets are off- your body handled it naturally....

so..... IMO..... i'm not a dr, but i've been there done that

and we tried right away-- i still didnt get pg that first time, so be prepared for that! but i just went with it....
  • Bethann73 Bethann73's Avatar 10-31-07 | 11:03 AM
  • If your Dr. recommends waiting another cyel that's what I'd do..

I had a D&C and was told I could try right away..but every Dr. is different. so it's better to go by your own Dr's advice.

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 10-31-07 | 11:12 AM
  • I say go with your heart.

I'm sorry again for your loss.

I hope you're growing a nice, round belly soon!!
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 11-02-07 | 10:26 PM
  • I always follow what the doctor says -- I'm just kind of geeky that way.

Good Luck!