Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

good news...bad news

Reply Post New Topic

• eds1999 eds1999's Avatar 12-18-07 | 05:15 PM
  • Bad news: i'm an emotional mess

Good news: dr called and really wants me to stay in the IUI game (she's positive about my health) and has given me plenty of other options for moving on, should I want to.

Bad news: SIL announced that they are trying for baby #2 Sunday. baby #1 came along when we first found out about our fertility issues. now baby #2 might come along at our crossroads between stopping fertility and moving onto adoption. ugh. (shouldn't this be under good news, a new baby?)

Good news: DH and I have decided to meet with our priest and have a sacrament done, to help us cope with emotional and physical well being (big step for us)

Good news: We have taken steps and contacted some people to put us in touch with adoption agencies. we even bought a book. we will try a few more iui's but are looking at other things. we have a plan.

so count... bad news=2, good news=3 ....even though i feel like crap, the good news beats the bad news i guess
  • Saira Saira's Avatar 12-18-07 | 05:41 PM
  • Sounds like even with the bad news your making a huge emotional step forward. I'm proud of you.

Last edited by Saira; 12-19-07 at 12:41 PM..
  • Oreo Oreo's Avatar 12-18-07 | 09:30 PM
  • I totally get the SIL issue. It's hard not to be sad, jealous or angry when the news of someone else's plans don't match your reality....

As for the sacrament, doctor's plans and adoption --- I think they are all great ideas. I don't think exploring every option is bad. I think it's smart! The more options you have, the better.

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-19-07 | 02:40 PM
  • I hope the good news continues to outweigh the bad throughout this holiday season and you come out on the other side with a brightened new perspective and a good plan in place to make your dreams of being parents a reality.

• eds1999 eds1999's Avatar 12-29-07 | 11:21 AM
  • update on a good news: we had our sacrament done at church. it was short and sweet, but i got very teary eyed. i told them i was praying for guidance and health (as we were considering adoption) and they kinda focused on me being able to conceive quickly (maybe that's what i really want anyway) SO.....one odd thing, after DH got the oil on his forehead and we got home, he got a red streak from it, and a week later, its still there. so he was allergic to the oil. what are the odds....

Pregnancy Week by Week Personalized For You
See how your baby grows each week throughout your pregnancy with advice and tips for what to expect.

Enter Your Due Date

Latest Articles

Baby Names for Spring Babies

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus

Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period

How to Calculate Your Baby's Conception Date

Postpartum Fatigue Busters

Research Links Surprise to Learning in Babies

Dealing With Morning Sickness While at Work