Baby Corner

Old 10-22-07, 04:33 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Default HCG levels...help

Hello,
As you may know, I just lost my first pregnancy almost 2 weeks ago. I just had bloodwork done on Friday to check my levels (hoping to get down to 0) and they have "significantly declined, but are not at 0 so they want to keep an eye on it.

Can someone please let me know what this means? How long did you have to wait for AF after your levels went to zero? Could there be a reason it's taking so long? Is it even taking long?

I am waiting for my dr to get back to me, but sometimes you ladies can give me my answers more quickly!

Please help me. I'm scared and just want my body to regulate so that I know I am moving forward. I cannot heal emotionally until this physical part gets finished. I know I amy sound impatient, but I feel like I've been through enough.

Old 10-22-07, 04:36 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I know what you mean-- after my first loss it took 2 weeks for me-- did they tell you a number? if it's less then 10 if could jsut be a few more days....

you are not impatient- i felt the same exact way-- i need the physical part to be over so I could emotionally move on!

Old 10-22-07, 04:47 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

My numbers started declining after they hit over 6,000. From that point it took about 5 weeks to hit zero. Depending on what your situation is and how high your numbers were to start, it could be a day or two to a week or more.

EXAMPLE: my numbers went from 6,000 to 2,000 in about a week, then in another week they were at 400 or something, then 25, then 10 then zero. My numbers were really huge because of the ectopic situation, so it is just an example. For me it was about 5 weeks between when I stopped bleeding and my first regular period.

Every body is different and every pregnancy/miscarriage is as well. The fact that your numbers are going down is actually great news. It means your body is getting ready to get your period so you can conceive again. How you miscarry (natural vs. D&C) also plays a role in how the hormones drop and when AF comes again.

I hope I've helped answer your questions.

Old 10-22-07, 04:55 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I understand how you're feeling. You just want it to be over with. My situation: I had an HCG of 900 something that went down to 500 something the day i had my DC. From there...125 3 days later, 28 another 3 days later, then it hung out at 10 and under for another 1-1.5 weeks. They let me stop blood work when it was under 5, and tha was 3.5 weeks after the whole ordeal. Im still getting "regulated" and its been like 10 weeks!

Old 10-22-07, 09:10 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 3513.06%

The ladies are right. Depending on how high your numbers were, it will vary as to how much time your body needs to eliminate hCG.

But they're right--the declining numbers (as much as that SUCKS), means that your body is one step closer to that full-term baby screaming in your arms. And what a delightful sound that will be when the time comes...

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools