Baby Corner

Old 07-27-06, 09:05 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Hi...new here.

Hi there...well i'm new here. my name is Carla and i've had 2 m/c's

1 at 4 weeks and the 2nd at 7weeks. i had multiple loss b/w done and found that i had blood clotting issues. my dr. has me on a low dose aspirin daily and dalteparin injections to thin my blood. I also take pre-nates, folic acid, vit b, and vitex currently.

my question is what have you heard about baby aspirin while ttc?? this girl told me that its not good to take before your pg as it can interfere with implantation. i'm worried now...should i stop the asprin til i get pg and then start it after a positive pg test??? Just stick with the injections for now??

any info would truly be appreciated!!

Old 07-28-06, 11:50 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi! Sorry for your loss. I never took aspirin but it's suppost to increase blood flow to the uterus, allowing for a thicker and healthier uterine lining. and it also suppost to increase the activity of the ovaries, allowing them to release multiple eggs during ovulation. here is what i read about side effects (Long-term use of aspirin is not recommended, because it may actually interfere with fertility. Long-term aspirin use appears to prevent a woman's eggs from being released from their follicles, inhibiting ovulation. )

Old 07-29-06, 03:13 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I would ask your doctor about baby aspirin. I have a friend who experienced two m/c in about six months, and her doctor has her on heparin, prednisone and baby aspirin. Since your doctor's already treating you for clotting, he should be able to tell you whether baby aspirin is a good idea for you.

Old 08-11-06, 02:54 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I am sorry for your losses.

you should follow your doctor's treatment. since you have been diagnosed with clotting issues, it would be important for you to already be on aspirin when you conceive, especially since your losses were early. if you wait for positive proof of pg, you may have already developed clots which could cause the loss of another baby.

baby dust

and best wishes

Old 09-12-06, 11:22 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi girls...quick update. I got pg again and i was on the aspirin..and the injections and i lost again.

I started bleeding at 5wks 3 days and then at 6wks 2 days i bled heavily. I had gone to a hematologist for testing as i do have lupus but it hasnt been active in a while and alot came back +. my igg aps...went up...it was 140 before i was pg and then it went up to 190..i dont understand as i was on bloodthinners! I have started plaquenil which always kept my lupus in check and hopefully that does the trick for me. along with the aspirn and then blood thinners.

can you tell me how long is considered long term aspirin use?? i have not been on it for a full year.

thanks for all your advice girls!!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools