Baby Corner

Old 10-14-07, 05:43 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default How long did it take you?

I know this is personal, so obviously please only reply if you are comfortable. I am 4 days out from my miscarriage and I HAVE to look forward! I want to be realistic so I was wondering how long it took for you to get pregnant after your miscarriage?
It initially took us 7 months to conceive....I am hoping to get my period in November (in a month) and then we can TTC again after my period in December. I don't want to assume it will happen right away, but I know so many people who were successful not long after their loss.

Thanks ladies!

Old 10-14-07, 07:42 PM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

we had 3 losses (i think 4- one was just a pos preg test then af started 4 days late).... I had a loss in July 06, got pg again in Nov then mc again in January (had a D&C) got pg again in March, took a month off then got pg in May.... and we're 22 weeks along now

Old 10-14-07, 07:43 PM
is Back to work :(
Proud SAHM

Thanked 377 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I had a loss in early December and I became pregnant during the cycle that started in early February.
Best of luck to you and good job looking forward!

Old 10-14-07, 07:52 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

The first time I had a m/c, I had to wait three months on doctor's orders which was a bummer. But we got our next BFP the second month we tried.

With this loss, I am not allowed to try again until December or so.... so the game isn't on again yet. Although, we did have unprotected sex Friday night, so I guess anything could happen since I have no idea what my cycle is now.

In all your looking forward, which I totally get, don't avoid the grieving process. You really do need to let go of your pain, dissappointment, anger and be healthy when you are cleared for another round of trying. Otherwise, the trying is clouded with issues from the m/c and not as fun/positive as it should be. I know this sounds like easier said than done, especially when you just want to leave the miscarriage behind and drop it like a hot potatoe. But, it really is important

Old 10-15-07, 09:49 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

I agree with Sarah--looking forward DOES help but you can't truthfully do it without acknowledging the pain and anguish of losing that precious little one.

I would encourage you to keep trudging along but do it at a pace that allows you have fully experience your heartbreak NOW before it comes back to bite you in the butt later (and likely at a really bad time).

As far as trying again, we had our first loss (D&C) in November last year and got pregnant in January, but lost that baby in March. After that, we started trying basically right away and got pregnant in August--but lost that baby three weeks ago.

So I don't have a success story YET but I hope to move on with all of these ladies sometime soon.

We're supposed to wait until after one period to start trying again--though we did have a little fun on Friday night so who knows what could happen.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools