Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss >
How long did it take for your cycles to resume?

How long did it take for your cycles to resume?

Reply Post New Topic

• Laurie Laurie's Avatar 11-13-05 | 10:07 PM
  • I ask because my bleeding from the miscarriage stopped a week ago. Yesterday and today I had the stretchy clear cm like you get during ovulation. I wonder if I could possibly be back to normal that quickly. It is as if the miscarriage was just another period (except for the loss of a child part) and I am ovulating right on time.
  • Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 11-14-05 | 12:28 AM
  • It is different for everyone. My first loss was very early and my cycle was right on time. My other two I was further along and my cycles were off by over a week, meaning my cycles were normally 27-28 days and after my second and third loss my cycle was over 35 days. HTH. So sorry about your loss. :sadhug:
  • Tamsin Tamsin's Avatar 11-14-05 | 07:47 AM
  • Hi Laurie,

As Mel already says, everyone is different. It can also depend on what stage you m/c'd and weather you had to have a D&C or not.

I, for example, have always had to have a D&C and so my AF's have resumed some 6 weeks later. I've normally bled for up to 7 days post D&C, then stopped totally until AF had arrived.

Hope this helps and I'm so sorry for your loss.

• MBMBERG MBMBERG's Avatar 11-14-05 | 10:09 AM
  • Hi Laurie~

Everyone is different. I can't help you in that area. I suffered a missed m/c at 11weeks and my OB/GYN made me wait 5 months before agreeing to a d&c. As for "Normal" ~ What is that?

Again, sorry I couldn't help. I'm sorry for your loss.
  • Laurie Laurie's Avatar 11-14-05 | 10:20 AM
  • Well, I miscarried naturally at 8 weeks, the baby died at 6 weeks. It was a complete miscarriage, I needed no D&C. I had an ultrasound the day after I m/c and everything looked clear and normal. The doctor then told me when I stopped bleeding I could go ahead and try again.

Anyways, my DH was out of town for 10 days and was really wanting to BD when he got back, so we did it on one of the really stretchy cm days.

I feel kind of guilty for trying so soon, kwim?