Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss How long did it take for your cycles to resume?

How long did it take for your cycles to resume?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 11-13-05, 10:07 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 4.9%
Default How long did it take for your cycles to resume?

I ask because my bleeding from the miscarriage stopped a week ago. Yesterday and today I had the stretchy clear cm like you get during ovulation. I wonder if I could possibly be back to normal that quickly. It is as if the miscarriage was just another period (except for the loss of a child part) and I am ovulating right on time.

Old 11-14-05, 12:28 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 49.8%

It is different for everyone. My first loss was very early and my cycle was right on time. My other two I was further along and my cycles were off by over a week, meaning my cycles were normally 27-28 days and after my second and third loss my cycle was over 35 days. HTH. So sorry about your loss. :sadhug:

Old 11-14-05, 07:47 AM
Mum to 4 Angels

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Laurie,

As Mel already says, everyone is different. It can also depend on what stage you m/c'd and weather you had to have a D&C or not.

I, for example, have always had to have a D&C and so my AF's have resumed some 6 weeks later. I've normally bled for up to 7 days post D&C, then stopped totally until AF had arrived.

Hope this helps and I'm so sorry for your loss.

Old 11-14-05, 10:09 AM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Laurie~

Everyone is different. I can't help you in that area. I suffered a missed m/c at 11weeks and my OB/GYN made me wait 5 months before agreeing to a d&c. As for "Normal" ~ What is that?

Again, sorry I couldn't help. I'm sorry for your loss.

Old 11-14-05, 10:20 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 185 Times
Weekly Activity 4.9%

Well, I miscarried naturally at 8 weeks, the baby died at 6 weeks. It was a complete miscarriage, I needed no D&C. I had an ultrasound the day after I m/c and everything looked clear and normal. The doctor then told me when I stopped bleeding I could go ahead and try again.

Anyways, my DH was out of town for 10 days and was really wanting to BD when he got back, so we did it on one of the really stretchy cm days.

I feel kind of guilty for trying so soon, kwim?
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools