Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss how long to wait before ttc again????

how long to wait before ttc again????

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 05-30-05, 10:55 PM
Mommy to 3

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Question how long to wait before ttc again????

i have an ectopic two weeks ago, i was only 5 1/2 weeks, how long should i wait till i ttc? the baby was just reabsorbed, and nothing medically had to be done....

Old 05-31-05, 12:04 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I would think that you could start after your next AF if you didn't have a surgical procedure. Definitely check with your doctor.

Old 05-31-05, 12:42 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

It depends on how you feel, emotionally and physically, and yur doc's advice. Docs vary on how long to wait, some say as soon as AF comes others say 3 months. Mostly your mental health needs to be up for it. Good Luck.

Old 05-31-05, 01:57 AM
Mommy to 3

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

physically i feel just fine, emotionally i feel like giving up, i am grateful for my dd, and wonder if i should just quit while i'm ahead..

Old 05-31-05, 10:27 AM
OMG I have 4 kids! :)

Thanked 12 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Doctors do seem to vary quite a bit on advising whether to wait a few months or to go ahead and try right away. With the two m/c's that I've had that have required D & C's, I've waited a few months before trying again just to make sure my body is ready for it. I've known of plenty of women who've gotten pregnant right away after a m/c too and everything has been perfectly fine though.

Sorry, there are lots of differing opinions on this one!

Good luck!!

Kaydence is adorable!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools