Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss >
Maria Lauterbach and her son

Maria Lauterbach and her son

Reply Post New Topic

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-14-08 | 11:36 PM
  • They'll be brought back here soon for their funerals.

She was from my area and attended the same vocational school as did my sister.

Her obituary on the local newspaper website had 470 condolence messages tonight.

My heart breaks for that family. The remorse they must be feeling for speaking ill of her must be haunting them.

Their church is a friendly parish with ours and there are families in our church who are friends with the family.

It's devastating our whole community. There was a man holding a handmade sign on a street corner today that said, "Rest in peace Maria Lauterbach & Baby." It said something else, too, but I couldn't read it as I drove past too fast.

It's the main news story in the papers and on the television/radio. How sad.

Have you heard of this story or does it seem like it's a big deal because she's from my community?
  • happe2day happe2day's Avatar 01-15-08 | 12:41 AM
  • can you tell me what this is about?
  • addygirl addygirl's Avatar 01-15-08 | 12:57 AM

•  
    So very sad! I've been trying to keep up with the story...unfortunately.

• Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 01-15-08 | 11:11 AM
  • CNN also gives a good wrap up.

She is a 20-year-old Marine from my area. She was 8 months pregnant from an alleged rape. Two weeks before she was due to testify in the rape case, she went missing. Her family believed she may have run away to be with friends or something because she apparently had a history of being untruthful at times.

Then, last week, the man she accused of raping her left town and left a note with his wife saying that Lauterbach had committed suicide and he'd buried her (and her baby) in their backyard.

The authorities discovered hers and her baby's remains buried in the backyard and this man is on the run.

It's all twisted and sad.
  • savannah33 savannah33's Avatar 01-15-08 | 11:17 AM
  • It is very sad.

I'm still a bit baffled as to how the wife of the man didn't know someone was buried in her back yard??? I mean it's not like you couldn't see a grave dug right?