Baby Corner

Old 04-15-08, 06:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default My IVF protocol...

Hi ladies.
I officially signed up today to be in the IVF progesterone study. It was the deadline, so DH and I had to make a snap decision (we can withdraw at any time). I'll be using a progesterone product that has been on the market for some time that will soon be FDA approved to use in lieu of shots. Anyways...

I am in the middle of a cycle, so the next cycle will be my screening and evaluation period (checking me out, blood work, ultrasounds)

The cycle following that will be the birth control pill cycle with lupron in the latter part to begin "downregulation" of my system

THEN the next cycle will be the big one-the actual IVF cycle. Who knew there was this much prep work. So it looks like there's a chance i'll be going in for egg retrieval or transfer on the 4th of July!!! Eee gads.

Well this gives me time to mentally prepare, stash away some more cash and make sure DH is prepared too.

One thing about this study-I am very limited to what medications i can take. I get migraines and the only thing i can take for it is tylenol. I have to record any and all meds and medical events (headaches, stomach aches, yada yada yada.

so here I go.... i'm sure i'll be polling anyone and everyone who's done IVF. i like to be well informed

Old 04-15-08, 07:53 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Sounds like things are definately moving in the right direction. Good Luck!!!

Old 04-15-08, 08:50 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 20%

Oh Saira! I haven't seen you in forever! So nice to see you back!!! How are things with you and your family ?

Old 04-15-08, 10:22 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Thanks! I'm glad to see your still around, though I hope it will soon be on the due date boards. Things are really good for us.

I'm trying to get up the nerve to get back on the boards on a regular basis. I've only been lurking around for a day or so. But I am really happy that you're getting the chance to do IVF. July would be a great time to concieve. I have a friend who just went through IVF. DH actually gave her 2 shots while her DH was out of town. (I'm to skwimish to inflict pain on others) Anyway, she got her good news just the other day. I have a feeling your not going to be to far off in getting yours.

Old 04-15-08, 10:30 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Erica, I'm so glad you got in on this trial. It sounds like they have a nice timetable for you and DH to work with and you'll be happily knocked up before you know it.

I can't wait to hear all about it!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools