Baby Corner

Old 11-09-04, 12:59 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default New Here

Hello,

I have not been on the boards for a while, and have never been in this forum, and hoped that I never would. Well, I have 3 wonderful children, Chris who is 13 (soon to be 14) and Matthew who will be 3 in April of next year, and Brooke who will be turning 2 at the end of may. I found out that I was pregnant in July of this year and was completely suprised and thrilled at the same time. I had managed to lose all of my baby weight and then some but was feeling sick and was wondering where my period was. I could only remember that I had one in June before me and my husband had gone on our vacation. So I thought well, I will wait until the 15th and if nothing then I will take a test. Well the 15th came and went so I went and bought one of those digital tests and it said positive almost instantly. I couldn't believe it. We were not trying and had been using protection most of the time, but when we did not my husband always pulled out before he would ya know...

But I was really excited as well. This would be our last and I thought this was going to be the best time of my life. Went to the doctor and everything was fine. Went the next month and fine again. Then a few days before my next appointment I had gone to the bathroom and when I wiped there was a tinge of pink. I totally freaked out, because this had never happened to me before. I called the doctor and she said that it was probably nothing and that I should just take it easy and come to the office in the morning. Well, they did the ultrasound and the baby was only measuring 12 weeks and I was going on my 17th week. There was no heartbeat. I couldn't believe it, but at the same time I almost felt like I knew that something was wrong. This happened on a wed. and I had the d&c on that friday. I think it took a few days to really sink in what happened. I was very depressed and felt like I had failed. I know that it wasn't my fault and that there was nothing that I could do, but I think it's just natural to look back at all the things that you did and try to find something that I could have done differently.
I just recently went back for my follow up visit and the doctor gave the the okay to start trying again. I want a baby now more than anything, but I also have that little thought in the back of my mind, "what if it happened again?" But I guess that is normal. I just thought that I would share. I hope to get to know some of you ladies.
Also I was wondering if anyone could tell me how soon after a d&c do you ovulate? Do I need to wait until I get my period to really be able to tell when a good time to bd would be? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for listening....

Teresa

Old 11-09-04, 09:11 AM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

Welcome Teresa~

I'm glad you found us but I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances. I'm sure you will find that the ladies here are really wonderful and supportive. I don't think that feeling of "what if it happens again" ever goes away. I don't know what your doctor recommended but mine told me to wait approx 3 months before TTC again. The reason for waiting is to give your hormones a chance to regulate and get back to normal. I wish you and DH nothing but the very best of luck on your journey. Take care of yourself~

Old 11-09-04, 11:46 AM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I am so sorry for your loss. The same thing that happened to you also happened to me in 2001.

I was told that I could start trying whenever I wanted. I got AF exactly 30 days after my D&C. Of course it took us another year and some medical intervention before we got pg. I had never progressed past 7.5 weeks and started bleeding at 11.5 weeks. You should check with your Dr. and see what he/she recommends as far as starting ttc again. You need to be physically and emotionally ready to be pg. But I can also understand the need/want to be pg again right away.

I wish you luck that you are blessed with a happy and healthy pregnancy very soon.

Old 11-09-04, 12:35 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 201.43%

I'm so sorry for your loss.

The amount of time recommended to wait to TTC again varies from doctor to doctor from what I've read, but since you were a little ways along, I would wait more than one cycle. I also understand your desire to be pg again soon.
Take care.

Old 11-10-04, 12:11 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 87.14%

I am happy you found us, but sorry you had to. I agree with what the ladies have said, every doc has a different idea of how long to wait. My doc told me to wait 3 months. I just started feeling ready to try again, 6 months later. I had to losses less than 5 months apart. That took some extra time to get over. Now that I am ready to start TTC again, I am very excited about it.

Good Luck to you!

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools