Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss New...never thought I'd be here.

New...never thought I'd be here.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 07-17-08, 03:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.43%
Default New...never thought I'd be here.

Hi everyone~

Well....last night I had a natural miscarriage. While I am grieving the loss of our baby, I am thankful for how things happened because I was scheduled to have a D&C this morning - and I really wanted my body to do what it needed to on its own. My prayer was answered.

I never thought I would be TTC after a loss, but from what I have seen and heard - miscarriages are not an uncommon thing...painful yes, but a rare event - sadly no.

I would appreciate any advice, information, etc. you could give me as we try to move forward and get one with our lives. This was our first time TTC and we did get pregnant on the first try...unfortunately, we miscarried on the first try as well.

Best wishes and luck to all of you...may we all have a happier outcome this time.

JM

Old 07-17-08, 03:16 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 6147.86%

No one ever thinks she'll find herself in this club. I certainly never thought I'd be here either.

But we're here together and we have the opportunity to support one another.

One thing that helped me through my losses was to give our babies names. Giving our lost angels names has made them "real" in our family. I also had a box engraved with the name and conception date of our first loss on the top. Inside we have all of our pregnancy tests, chromosomal analyses, cards, etc. from our losses. I keep this on my nightstand. It's a way for me to keep our babies close to me.

And lastly, it has helped me to be open to giving God thanks for which He may never give me the privilege of understanding. It's not my RIGHT to know why--it's a privilege and if He doesn't want to give me that answer, I'm willing to accept that and praise Him for the gift of life, no matter how short that life may have been.

If I can help you at all, please PM me whenever you need to.

Thank you Dopey406!
holly302 (07-17-08)

Old 07-17-08, 03:22 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

I really like your idea about giving our babies names and having an engraved box...but I have to be honest and say I do not think I am "there" yet. But I want to thank you, I do believe doing as you have will help me find the closure I know I will need.

JM

Old 07-17-08, 06:59 PM
Community Member

Thanked 60 Times
Weekly Activity 1.43%

wish i could think of something to say right now.

I am so sorry for your loss.

and i am here if you need you can PM me

Old 07-21-08, 12:33 AM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 8.57%

HI JM,
I am very sorry for your loss. I have had two and, you are right, you never expect it or are prepared for it.

When it comes to coping, that is an incredibly personal and individual thing. Deanna/Dopey keeps her little ones close and that works for her. For me, I had to grieve and let go... Not that I don't remember, wish for them and wonder who they would have been... but...

The only "advice" I can give you is to follow your heart -- grieve, cry, be angry and let it take however long it will take. When you feel healed, then go for it again. There is no set "right" time. I would also let you know that one thing I've learned around here is that the guys just don't get it quite as much -- it isn't their body, hormones, etc it is happening to. So, you may just need to know that for dealing with your DH/partner.

As far as consolation -- the best thing I can tell you is that you are, in spite of your recent loss, so far better off than so many who can't get pregnant. You can work with your doctor to check your genetic code against your DH's and find out if there are conflicts, etc... so you can have a better chance for a successful pregnancy when you are ready to move on. I know it sounds bittersweet now, but soon it will make all the difference.

I am really sorry you had to join the loss club, but at least here at TBC you will be surrounded by people who know and care.

Let us know how you are doing.
Thank you Oreo!
Dopey406 (07-21-08)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools