Baby Corner

Old 04-29-10, 03:10 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 120%
Arrow Not sure where to put this one

I figured this was as good a board as any!

After sending a message I came to the realization that I really don't know what to do right now with our TTC journey. My heart says one thing my mind says another. I want to have another baby in the worst way and my heart is telling me to start trying right away, just go for it, but my mind says no, not until after the huge 2 week long trip in June because I don't want the extra added stress of "what if something happens again" while we're supposed to be having a great time! (Not to mention part of our trip will be in Disney and I want to go on rides with the kids there!) From what I gather from dh, he wants whatever I want with this, but he too wants more kids, we both want a very large family. I realize my body needs time to heal, but how long after a D&C are you supposed to wait? After my 1st m/c my Dr said to wait two cycles. This time she really didn't say anything about it.

Also, I still keep thinking I AM pregnant (I wouldn't think I actually am, dh and I just started DTD again not THAT long ago... I suppose anything is possible, but I would say not likely at this point!) I mean seriously, I have sore BB's, can't eat certain stuff without feeling kinda blah, and I have the dropsies like you wouldn't believe. I don't WANT to take a test bc if there happens to be enough horomone in my system from before, I don't want that to have an effect on anything, but at the same time I kinda wanna know if it's out of my system yet too!

Sorry, I guess I just kinda needed to get that out there. Any advice is very much welcomed, and please, feel free to "smack me", even if it is just with words to snap me back into whatever reality I need to get back to! I am just at such a cross-roads right now and at a major loss as to what I should do!

Old 04-29-10, 05:24 PM
is aka Andrea
Community Member

Thanked 218 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

After my D&C the doctor said I could start trying again right away with the next cycle. It was 5 months later when I finely conceived my son. I understand not wanting to try again right away though, especially with a big trip coming up. although when I got pg again it was after planning a big trip and I have a few friends who were TTC and ended up having to cancel big trips due to conceiving. lol so it might be good luck! then again if you do get pg right away you will spend the whole time worried and might even have morning sickness so it's a hard decision.
Thank you imagine!
koala_kaper (05-01-10)

Old 04-29-10, 08:58 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I was told to go once I had a cycle after my d&c. It took us another 6 months to conceive again. I would wait until after your trip for peace of mind.
Thank you rudolphia!
koala_kaper (05-01-10)
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools