Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Welcome! Register today! | Login
Forums > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss >
Opinions needed (baby mentioned -- and LONG!)

Opinions needed (baby mentioned -- and LONG!)

Reply Post New Topic

• sarehl sarehl's Avatar 01-04-05 | 02:13 PM
  • OMG, it is so nice to hear from everyone! Jacqui, Monique, Heather, Erin -- I hope you are all doing well and had a happy new year. And thank you for the advice. Yeah, I'm sick of her. Enough of this. If it was really worth making an effort with this woman, I would have known that without having to ask. I was confused because 2 friends IRL told me to talk to her -- but neither had ever had a m/c and one is pg right now, so I didn't really feel like they got it. Still, they made me feel so petty for wanting to cut Jane off. So I'm glad I asked the people who would really know -- YOU!!

Lots of

to you all, big hugs.
  • baby hungry 01-04-05 | 03:55 PM
  • Sarah I replied to you on the other thread but wanted to give you another hug.

((((((hug)))))
  • AMomInLove AMomInLove's Avatar 01-04-05 | 07:25 PM
  • Sounds like not "true" friend in my book...

• kas 01-07-05 | 10:54 PM
  • Since I'm always ready to jump in with unsolicited advice (hey, but you asked, so it's solicited, right?

) here goes:

I am so sorry to hear about your m/c. I can only imagine they are difficult for anyone, and devastating for someone who has gone through as much as you have. (((heartfelt hugs))) I wish you nothing but success in your ttc journey. +++

Secondly, I agree that this woman is not a friend, and not just because we love you so much we'll always tell you you're right no matter what LOL. It sincerely sounds as though the effort of this friendship has been yours and the whole deal has been pretty one-sided. YOU taking care of HER, YOU being considerate of HER. True friendship is reciprocal. I wouldn't approach her about it; few people can honestly take stock when being told of a flaw, and her likely response would be a defensive one. I would just write it off as a bad friendship "debt" and move on, cordially but not investing anything further of yourself.

xoxo
    kas (who desperately needs to update her profile)
  • sarehl sarehl's Avatar 01-08-05 | 02:17 PM
  • Thank you, ladies. It is so nice to have your support, you are true friends.

Latest Articles

Baby Corner Writer Submission Guidelines

Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner

December 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations melissa0718!!

Enter Your Baby's Photo