Baby Corner

Old 03-18-08, 10:34 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1220%

Haven't you done the clomid before?

Isn't all medicine essentially "messing with nature"?

Wouldn't repairing his varciole (sp) have been messing with nature?

What was the point in having all of these tests done if you aren't going to give it a shot?

This isn't the same as IVF where you might have embryos left over.

Do any of these arguments sound like they might help?

Old 03-18-08, 10:50 PM
is a Mommy of 4!
~Christina~

Thanked 219 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

I think the biggest question is why would you have gone in for all the tests if you weren't going to do anything about it in the end... I would TOTALLY use that one on him and see what he says!

good luck and I hope he comes around for you!!!

Old 03-18-08, 11:34 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

He's a cradle Catholic and in general, the Catholic view of ART is that it's immoral.

However, instead of working on work related issues, he researched what the Vatican has to say about IUI. So far, he's found that IUI and GIFT are considered "grey areas" so he's opening up to it.

Regardless of what we end up doing, I'm thankful that he researched it on his own and is softening to the possibility. I love my man.

I just wanna have another one of his babies!

Old 03-19-08, 12:13 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

Hopefully he will come around. What about talking to your own pastor that you are with now?

Old 03-19-08, 03:24 AM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Deanna, that is wonderful his result are much better. That alone is something to celebrate!

I'm guessing your doctor feels IUIs will help get the best sperm to the egg, minimizing the chance of another loss correct? If so then go for it.

I can totally understand where dh is coming from, having a good friend who is Catholic and decided against IVF. After 11 IUI's I can tell you really it isn't making anything happen that shouldn't happen. His sperm and your egg still have to meet, conceive, and then implant. All things they have been doing on their own. The only difference is your allowing the best sperm to get there having the most chance to produce another beautiful baby. Remind dh that life starts at conception, not at masturbation or sex. You are not forcing conception in any way, but helping the best sperm to get to the egg.

By the side of my bed sit pictures of 8 beautiful embryos. Their life was very important to me. I don’t take fertility treatments lightly, nor do I take embryos as just a bunch of cells to wash down the sink. Really it’s all in your attitude and how you value it that matters. Forcing would be if a doctor could implant only the perfect DNA embryo and promise that it would result in a breathing baby. No fertility treatment can do that.

(((hugs))) You guys will make the best decision for your family.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools