Baby Corner

Old 05-27-05, 10:24 PM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Sorry I've been MIA

Lightning struck something at or near my house Wednesday night. It also got my next door neighbor. It blew out the circuit board and transformer on my A/C unit (keep in mind it was 90degrees). I lost my VCR, master bedroom satellite receiver, and my sensor lights in the garage won't come back on. As you can see, I've been dealing with repair men. The night it struck, I was at home by myself. DH had an academic banquet at school for 7th and 8th graders and my parents (who live 1/2 mile from me) were out of town. I was never so scared in my life because all I could smell was burnt wires but had no idea where it was coming from. Luckily my neighbor's husband walked over until my husband could get home.

I have my appt with my new GYN this coming Tuesday at 1:45pm. I can't wait. I hope she gives me some answers. She is supposed to be the best in Hormones. I'll keep you updated.

My office is also moving to our new building on June 17 and June 18. I have the next couple of weekends to make it there and paint my office.

My sister's house started going up this past Tuesday and I've been checking on her and the house. Her husband works offshore (14 days out and 7 days in). She will basically be building this house on her own.

I promise to check in as much and as often as possible but I wanted you all to know what's going on for the next couple of months.

Take Care~

Old 05-27-05, 10:57 PM
OMG I have 4 kids! :)

Thanked 12 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Hi Mandi! Oh, that sound so scary about the lighting strike!!

I hope you've been able to get everything back to normal, or will have it that way soon.

Good luck with your new GYN. I hope the new doc is fantastic and can figure things out for you.

Latest Articles
Delight Your Special Mom-to-be With These Top 10 Gifts
Dads, if you have run out of ideas to get that special mom-to-be in your life for the holidays, we've got you covered. Here are 10 gifts ideas that will delight her this holiday season.

2014 Holiday Gift Ideas For Babies
If you have run out ideas for what to get your baby for the holidays this year, here are a few suggestions for you.

14 Gross Pregnancy Secrets
If this is your first pregnancy, be prepared, as these unwanted pregnancy symptoms may crop up unexpectedly.

Planning for a Second Pregnancy: What To Expect
When considering your second pregnancy, there are a few things to consider such as child spacing, and health concerns. Use this guide to help you plan for a healthy second pregnancy.

The Controversy over the Most Popular Boy's Name in the U.K.
A few days ago, the news media made the world was aware that the most popular boy's baby name in the U.K. was not Muhammed.

November 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

"Little Pumpkin" Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations urugby!

Calculators & Tools