Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Still No AF in sight

Reply Post New Topic

• MBMBERG MBMBERG's Avatar 03-29-05 | 04:14 PM

•  
    It has been 11 days since my last "active" BCP. I was supposed to start AF last Thursday and I haven't seen her yet. I'm starting to really think that breakthrough bleeding I saw mid-cycle really messed me up. I did spot a little last Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but after that ~ nothing.

What's Up?
  • AmyM AmyM's Avatar 03-30-05 | 05:53 PM
  • I'm sorry. You just have to hate AF sometimes!

She never shows when you want her to, and shows early when you don't want her to.
  • sarehl sarehl's Avatar 03-31-05 | 12:45 PM
  • Mandi, that's weird and frustrating. What does your dr's office say? Maybe you need to be on stronger bcp.

I can't stand all these little unexpected mysteries that keep popping up when you have PCO. It's like a constant guessing game! Grrrrr!

I hope you get an answer, or AF, sometime soon.

• MBMBERG MBMBERG's Avatar 03-31-05 | 01:45 PM
  • Sarah~

I didn't even call my RE. I know his response will be to put me on provera for 7 - 10 days to induce AF. I feel like that will only prolong my next cycle. Everything I read says that it is "normal" to have a "Missed" period due to the fact that my RE's office has put me on a different BCP for all 3 cycles.

I figured I will just try "naturally" this cycle and wait for my next AF to show up.
  • sarehl sarehl's Avatar 03-31-05 | 09:01 PM
  • Yeah, sometimes it's best to just take things into your own hands. You know your body better than they do, after all. I'm glad you're holding off on the Provera...don't you just feel sometimes like the drugs you're taking just give you problems, so the doctors give you more drugs, which create all new problems??

Anyway, I hope she shows soon for you, so you can get on with things.