Baby Corner

Old 02-01-05, 03:41 PM
Taylor's Mommy

Thanked 30 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.82%
Post Update ~ Heard from RE

My RE called this morning ~ he said by looking at my ultrasound it looks like the cyst from last month is still there. However, he said it changed in appearance. It looks like it is hard. He said it could be 3 things: 1) blood cyst - doesn't require lap 2) fluid cyst or functional cyst - doesn't require lap or 3) endo filled cyst - would require lap.

He said that he is conservative where laps are concerned. He said if he didn't already know what my insides looked like then he would feel better doing a lap now but since he does he said he is not overly concerned at this point. He also told me that he doesn't like to perform repeat scopes unless he has too. I told him that had he called to inform me that we needed to do a lap that I was prepared to tell him "NO". He could not stop laughing at my response and said it looks like we are on the same page.

So we have agreed to do another round of BCP and another u/s at the beginning of my next cycle and take it from there.

Have any of you had a cyst that lasted more than 1 cycle?

Old 02-01-05, 03:43 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I never had a cyst like that.

I'm glad your Dr. isn't worried. And that you won't have to have another lap. I hope the BCP works and you are ready to go very soon.

Old 02-02-05, 06:59 AM
CL & Mom22boys!

Thanked 15 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

I never had a cyst like that either. All the luck, prayers and love to you on this next cycle! Who knows.. maybe that damn cyst might be a lucky star!

Old 02-03-05, 03:39 PM
Mum to 4 Angels

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Mandi,

I have a cyst, although think mine may have formed after my 1st m/c, although no one is exactly sure how long it has been there. Mine is called a fimbrial cyst, which essentially is a fluid cyst or functional cyst, as your Dr put it. Mine is fairly big, about 3-4 inches in diameter, but doesn't appear to be causing any problem. So they are happy to just keep an eye on it. They did try aspirating it, but it just filled up again. The only way to remove it, it seems is via a Lap, but he is unhappy doing a lap at the weight I am - feeble excuse is you ask me! I doubt it would shrink with any substantial weight loss.

Is yours actually on your ovary? Mine is hanging off the fimbrial - the finger type things at the end of the fallopian tubes. You do have to be careful with ovarian cysts, so make sure he keeps on eye on it!

Old 02-04-05, 02:34 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.82%

Hi Mandi,

My cysts always last 2 cycles, even with the help of bcp. Hopefully yours will take a hike on its own soon.

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools