Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Trying to Conceive Message Boards > After a Loss What is going ON (way tmi alert)

What is going ON (way tmi alert)

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 03-30-08, 11:12 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.33%
Exclamation What is going ON (way tmi alert)

I am just so unsure of what is going on right now. Beware-this is a TMI alert!!!

Friday i had brown gunk. Saturday the brown went from orange to pretty dark red. So that's it right? I used a lite tampon and went on with my business. AF was still very light (and red) mid afternoon and i switched to a regular tampon and went out last night. Well its been about a million years since i went out and i drank last night. I got home last night and nothing but a few measly brown specks on the tampon. This morning-nothing but a few brownish-orangey streaks on the TP. I stopped the progesterone cream Friday night and expected a full flow today. AND to top it off, when i checked my cervix in the shower this morning it was totally mushy and its always pretty firm when AF starts. so i don't know what to think or do. Here i was drinking last night (i think i had 4.5 beers) and now that there is this shadow of a doubt, i horrified that i might have made a big mistake. probably this is nothing but my body giving me a hard time, but man oh man. I dont' know-does alcohol stop your period??? and i have NOT taken a pg test yet because i ordered some online and they are due to arrive tomorrow (Mon) in the mail. i don't know if taking a drug store test mid afternoon today would do any good anyways! So this morning when i woke up sick...hangover or pg? crap. i am almost hoping AF does start so i stop worrying about last night!

Old 03-30-08, 11:27 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 81.33%

Try not to worry about last night. Many women have had way more to drink than you before finding out they are pg. I sometimes have a cycle where af will seem to start and then stop just to start again. But there is every chance you are pg. I wouldn't be able to hold out until tommorrow, but I am an obsessive POASer. Good Luck!!

Old 03-30-08, 02:16 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 5738%

I've known plenty of women who have had some drinks before finding out they were pregnant. No worries there.

I WILL say that in my personal experience, both of my sucessful pregnancies started out as a mysteriously absent, almost there but not quite, brown-red-brown kind of AF action.

I would head to the Dollar Tree, get a couple of $1 tests and wait for a few hours and see what the tests reveal.

However, if you have patience of steel (I don't

), wait until the tests arrive tomorrow. But I'd head out now.

Old 03-30-08, 03:23 PM
is all about the PINK!!!
Proud American Teacher!!

Thanked 652 Times
Weekly Activity 8%

Well, I'm with the other ladies about the alcohol --don't borrow trouble worrying about it. Heck, think of our mother's generation where they thought nothing of drinking or smoking their way through a pregnancy.

You must really have nerves of steel. I'd be peeing on everything I could find by now just to find out.

After the dissappointment of last month, I sure hope this roller coaster now has a happier ending.

Old 03-30-08, 07:27 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 1.33%

yeah, im not all about the roller coaster events (especially those of last month-thinking i WAS pg and all). so its about 6:30 and i have two FRER tests. i know you're not supposed to use them at night, but i figure one for tonight, one for tomorrow morning and then i'll have something to work with when the dr calls tomorrow! they were already supposed to have ordered my clomid and hcg shot! and i was all ready to place my next donor order! so if im NOT pg, well then something is not right, so i'm guessing i'll sit this cycle out. well now. to pee or not to pee? i dont' have to go right now, so we'll wait on it.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools