Baby Corner

Old 10-28-07, 11:10 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%
Question What to think........??????

I went to bed on Friday with a headache and by 3:45am, it was a raging migraine, keeping me from sleeping. So I came downstairs to get a half of a Vicodin (the only thing I've found that kills the migraines) and an antibiotic for my sore throat (I had some leftover from a previous illness).

I've been expecting my first post-D&C AF this weekend and on Friday, I had a little spotting so I figured it was on. But it was old, brown spotting and nothing like I was expecting because of my previous D&C experience.

So to be on the safe side, before I took the Vicodin, I tested. I'm almost 5 weeks out from my D&C and we did DTD once on Oct. 12 but that's it. I knew the chances were slim but with the weird lack of bleeding and stuff, I thought a test was in order.

Low and behold, it was faintly, but definitely positive.

Okay, I'm sure you're thinking what I was thinking: "It's probably just leftover hCG from before the D&C." BUT--my hCG level was only around 80 at the time of the D&C and I had tested on Thursday before doing some construction work on our old house (I just wanted to be sure I was safe to breathe all of that stuff) and it was practically negative. There is a hint of a potential line but it looked more like my eyes playing tricks on me.

I tested again this morning and even DH looked at the test and said, "Ah, yeah--that's definitely positive."

SOOOOOOOOOO---I'm already scheduled for my D&C follow-up tomorrow morning so I guess we'll start figuring it out then. I should hear the results (if any) from the chromosomal analysis and the "habitual aborter" panel run a couple of weeks ago. And I guess I'll hold my pee in the morning to do a urine test in the office, too.

Okay, so what do you think? Is this for real?

Is this residual hCG?

Is it completely too risky for it to have happened so soon? Am I just a lunatic and seeing lines that don't exist?????

Last edited by Dopey406; 10-28-07 at 11:12 AM.

Old 10-28-07, 11:17 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 353 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

Thinking about you Deanna and hoping for the best for you!

Old 10-28-07, 11:25 AM
is relaxed and refreshed after vacation!
VIP Member

Thanked 481 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You are not a lunatic I promise

(we're all a little crazy though

)

Things happen for a reason

If you were at 80 at your D&C 5 weeks ago there's no way that's residual HCG.... can't be-- that 80 would have been down to zero within 2 weeks I think....at the most!

Sticky, sticky, sticky....

(and I wanna see a pic)

Old 10-28-07, 12:04 PM
is in love with the new man in her life!
VIP Member

Thanked 179 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I hope this is it for you!

Old 10-28-07, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 1,117 Times
Weekly Activity 620%

I would say it's not residual hcg. I mean, when I was giving myself injections of the stuff, they only made me wait 2 weeks to test. So I don't think at 5 weeks you would still be seeing such a thing. Good luck.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools