Baby Corner

Old 12-12-07, 09:45 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default Worried...

Hello ladies. It's really starting to hit me tonight that I am worried about this baby. This is the same feeling that I had with my first pregnancy that ended in a loss (and I didn't even have reason to think it). I am the type of person who needs constant reassurance in mostly everything so not having an appt until January 3rd is going to be so hard. I may feel a little better tomorrow if/when I hear that my levels have increased (and hopefully doubled), but that still won't get me past the 7 1/2 week mark where I lost the baby 2 months ago.

I wish I could just enjoy myself and be worry-free, but I guess I wouldn't be human, right?

Anyway, I can't help these feelings, but was hoping for some encouragement and support. Does my loss increase my chances of having another one?

Thanks!!! I have posted on the DD boards, but will probably hang out here for a while, where I am comforted

Old 12-12-07, 09:58 PM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 1220%

I just pm'd you. I don't think one loss increases your chances for a second, I was SHOCKED beyond belief after my first loss to find out how many co-workers and friends had had 1 loss and then had 2 or more healthy pregnancies and no repeat losses.

Old 12-12-07, 10:00 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I got your message...thanks!!! I'll have an update of my #s tomorrow so I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your response!!

Old 12-13-07, 12:15 AM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

I hope tomorrow's numbers give you the reassurance I know you so desperately need.

Old 12-13-07, 12:29 AM
CL Makenna & Kieran's Mom

Thanked 24 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I also hope that tomorrow's numbers give you reassurance. I think it is only human to worry. I know that I worried for the 9 months I was pregnant. The second time I thought it would be better but I still worried. Then your little one arrives and you still worry. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
December 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Zchuff!

Calculators & Tools