Skip to main content
Baby Corner logo

Worried...

Reply Post New Topic

• Just30 12-12-07 | 09:45 PM
  • Hello ladies. It's really starting to hit me tonight that I am worried about this baby. This is the same feeling that I had with my first pregnancy that ended in a loss (and I didn't even have reason to think it). I am the type of person who needs constant reassurance in mostly everything so not having an appt until January 3rd is going to be so hard. I may feel a little better tomorrow if/when I hear that my levels have increased (and hopefully doubled), but that still won't get me past the 7 1/2 week mark where I lost the baby 2 months ago.

I wish I could just enjoy myself and be worry-free, but I guess I wouldn't be human, right?

Anyway, I can't help these feelings, but was hoping for some encouragement and support. Does my loss increase my chances of having another one?

Thanks!!! I have posted on the DD boards, but will probably hang out here for a while, where I am comforted

• Valleygirl Valleygirl's Avatar 12-12-07 | 09:58 PM
  • I just pm'd you. I don't think one loss increases your chances for a second, I was SHOCKED beyond belief after my first loss to find out how many co-workers and friends had had 1 loss and then had 2 or more healthy pregnancies and no repeat losses.
  • Just30 12-12-07 | 10:00 PM
  • I got your message...thanks!!! I'll have an update of my #s tomorrow so I'll keep you posted. Thanks for your response!!
  • Dopey406 Dopey406's Avatar 12-13-07 | 12:15 AM
  • I hope tomorrow's numbers give you the reassurance I know you so desperately need.

• JenniferG JenniferG's Avatar 12-13-07 | 12:29 AM
  • I also hope that tomorrow's numbers give you reassurance. I think it is only human to worry. I know that I worried for the 9 months I was pregnant. The second time I thought it would be better but I still worried. Then your little one arrives and you still worry. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months.