Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   After a Loss (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285)
-   -   Advice (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285/advice-301363)

fsugoddess 08-23-06 12:08 PM

Advice

Does anyone have any advice in TTC after a miscarriage? DH and I just miscarried this week and are anxious to get the go ahead from the dr so we can try again. I will never forget this child, but wondered what other peoples thoughts were. This was our first pg, and it hit us hard. I cant help but be concerned that it will happen again with the next. Thanks.

rudolphia 08-23-06 06:07 PM

First of all, :bighug: I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I was where you were just over a year ago, so I know how sad and devastated you must feel.

Most doctors will give the all-clear as soon as you've had one normal period after your miscarriage, but you may need more time to heal emotionally before you get going again. That decision is personal. For me, getting back on the wagon was the best therapy, but my body didn't cooperate for a while. I had a couple of months of anovulation (didn't O) and a total of six month before we conceived again.

Miscarriage is far more common than most people know, and most of the time, it happens for no reason except a random chromosomal defect. So your odds are good for conceiving and carrying to term. I'm a success story (37+ weeks and ready to pop). You will be scared with the next one. There's no way around it. But the girls here and on the Pregnancy after a Loss board will hold your hand all the way.

Best wishes for quick healing and another chance!

AmiKW 08-23-06 06:07 PM

Awe gal! I know how you feel! I think everyone that has a m/c loses that innocence of pregnancy, your next pregnancies you'll stay worried! I'm sorry it happened to you!
As far as when to ttc again? My dr told me I could literally start the next day if I wanted. I had a complete m/c, no d&c needed and it was early. Some drs recommend 3 cycles. Just talk to your dr. Good luck to you sweetie!!!!!

fsugoddess 08-23-06 08:39 PM

Dr recommended 2 cycles today which puts me into October. There was no baby in the sack... it was just empty so it doesnt look like I will have to have a D&C as long as the beta goes back to zero. Now I cant wait til October!

imagine 08-24-06 08:48 PM

I know just what your going through. I had a m/c last month and it was my fist pg after years and years of trying. I was only about 6 weeks along so my doctors gave me the go ahead to start trying with my next cycle which just started today. CD1. I would say that if your ready to try again and your doctor say's go ahead then go for it. I am also scared that this will happen again its normal, but I know that I would not want to spend 9 months worrying instead of enjoying being pg so if I am lucky enough and get pg again I am going to try my hardest not to worry and just let things happen the way they are meant to be. I wish you good luck and I hope your get a BFP soon!