Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   After a Loss (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285)
-   -   normal bleeding after d&c? (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285/normal-bleeding-after-d-c-345620)

eds1999 08-21-07 04:28 PM

normal bleeding after d&c?

Ok, there are a lot of you out there who've went through this, so i wanted to ask....
Monday 8/13 i had the d&c and lab. saturday i started to bleed a little and it got progressively heavier up until this morning when i called the dr because it was more than a regular period. they said no worries and now it's stopped.
my concern was that the dr said i probably wouldn't have much bleeding until my next cycle in about 4 weeks. what i'm wondering is, could this have been a cycle or a delayed bleed from the surgery? it really sucked, since i tend to be anemic and it really tuckered me out.
also, i have had some pretty wimpy cycles ever since i went off the pill 2 years ago. this was a flow like something out of my high school and early college days (they used to be a lot heavier). does this mean they're back to being heavy from here on out?? ok a lot of questions, i know, but my body is just doing some funny things here! hopefully it's resetting and well enough for another pg in due time!

Bethann73 08-22-07 12:58 PM

Were you off the pill for long before getting pg?? Your cycles may be a bit heavier because you aren't on the pill. Nevermind.. I see in your siggie how long you've been ttc.

My bleeding lasted a few days after my D&C.. and then on day 30 (counting my D&C as day 1) I got AF.. AF could be a bit heavioer for a few cycles simply because your body / hormones are all out of whack..

Give me a holler if you have any questions or concerns.. if I can help I will. :hug:

Saira 08-22-07 02:58 PM

I was just thinking about you. Sorry, I don't know what's normal with bleeding. I bled the day of my d&c, stopped completely for 2 days and have been alternating days of bleeding a bit, spotting, and not bleeding at all. My doc said that I would bleed off and on for about 2 weeks, and so far she was right.

On a side note, I have noticed that my periods since we have been trying are not as heavy and much better "organized" than before. I think for me it may be the "regulating" quality of the meds. I know you've been doing alot of this without meds, so I have no idea, but I am hoping for both of us that gushing cycles are not in our future.

savannah33 08-22-07 03:00 PM

I guess everyone is different it looks like. I had my d&c and spotted for about 2 hours then nothing else and got pregnant 3 weeks later without every getting AF.

:hugs:

eds1999 08-22-07 04:46 PM

well i am just trying to figure out when af is supposed to come next time...since we have to do the IUI route, it will be at least 2 regular af's before we get back on the wagon. i think i've decided that i do want to get back on the wagon...well we'll see....