Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   After a Loss (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285)
-   -   what's up with this AF? (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285/whats-up-af-365559)

eds1999 03-29-08 12:02 PM

what's up with this AF?

Hi all! I know I've been away for a while, and i really needed a break from baby talk! But i require the great expertise of you ladies. Last month i had a 31 day cycle, way longer than usual, but the IUI was planned later too, so that went ok. I have been using a progesterone cream and am wondering if that could also be lengthening my cycle? well this time around, i had my iui on CD 13 and on CD 28 had some brown spotting. i still used my prog cream and this morning, CD 29 continue to have spotting and is going from brown to orangey red and some red (tmi-sorry-but the red tells me its over!). i haven't taken a pg test since i'm sure its over. but what is causing this odd AF? the prog cream? the clomid? i usually start and it just, well, starts with a bang! If i stop the progesterone cream tonight, will AF come on strong tomorrow?? So far, not much is even making it to the pantyliner, but stuff there on every wipe (which if you read my posts knows that i occasionaly get into a wipe-a-thon around af time). oh, and i can't remember, but doesn't clomid have an effect on cramping, as in you dont' usually get cramps as bad when on clomid? ok theres a lot of questions for you all to mull over! i'll be enjoying my spring break and taking a trip to AL on Wed!

ps ONE more question. I've already ordered my 3rd round of clomid. but i have NO clue what to call cycle day 1???

eds1999 03-29-08 02:29 PM

ok one answer down. while reading the web i found that you should STOP the prog cream around CD 26 to allow about 48 hrs for your cycle to start (that is IF your cycle starts and you're not pg i guess) i just did a pump of cream last night which may be the slow going start to this AF. ya learn something new everyday i guess.

Oreo 03-29-08 04:21 PM

Your wipe-a-thon sounds like how my periods are, but also like how my implantation bleeding was. I really hope that it was the latter, but you seem to think not. :mope: As for understanding the clomid issues, I have no clue.

BTW-- I totally get needing the break!! I hope you are doing ok!! :bighug:

Dopey406 03-29-08 04:29 PM

My periods also start that way--slow go and then full force for two days--then disappear for a day, then return with full force for two more days. :tdown:

I don't know about the cramping but my docs always say that CD 1 is the first day of FULL FLOW so even though this cycle I started spotting on Saturday night, all day Sunday, all day Monday, and all day Tuesday, I didn't have full flow until Wednesday so Wednesday is my CD 1. :google: And that's the day we're basing this month's round of Clomid/IUI on.

eds1999 03-29-08 05:53 PM

well i have always had really short periods, only 3-4 days. they usually start heavy for days 1 and 2, then taper off. but now i'm remembering how it was last summer when i was on clomid. this funny business. i'll be getting an ultrasound this month too, so i hope i get this cycle day thing right.