Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   After a Loss (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285)
-   -   Some questions after a loss... (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285/some-questions-after-loss-395727)

jlynn1313 12-22-09 05:05 PM

Some questions after a loss...

It has been 33 days since my d&c and still no period. My levels 2 weeks after was 44. I need to go back in to have my levels checked again, but at what point should I start? My doctor said around a month. Am I being impatient?
Also, 2 weeks after my d&c my husband and I finally got to be together again...6 days later I spotted ever so slighlty. I'm talking like a little streak across the toilet paper. Is this strange?

JLynn

Guggie 12-22-09 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlynn1313 (Post 2980263)
It has been 33 days since my d&c and still no period. My levels 2 weeks after was 44. I need to go back in to have my levels checked again, but at what point should I start? My doctor said around a month. Am I being impatient?
Also, 2 weeks after my d&c my husband and I finally got to be together again...6 days later I spotted ever so slighlty. I'm talking like a little streak across the toilet paper. Is this strange?

JLynn

Hi there JLynn,

Are you temping or using anything to pinpoint ovulation?

I think the spotting is normal. I remember that happening. The first period after my m/c was very heavy, too.

3Princes 12-22-09 10:34 PM

I didn't get a period for 2 months after my miscarriage. The doctor said it was very normal. Also, I know the doctor told me no sex for a week after the d&c and I actually bled longer than that so I would imagine a little bit of spotting would be ok.

I'd wait till my doc said my level was back down to 0 before I started trying again.

:bighug: Thinking of you....

Dopey406 12-22-09 11:01 PM

:bighug: I'm sorry for your loss. I've lost 5 babies so I know the heartache you've experienced.

My periods always returned about 4-6 weeks after my D&Cs and they were always very, very heavy. We were always told to wait until I had at least one period before trying again.

jlynn1313 12-23-09 08:34 PM

Thanks ladies...My dh and I haven't started trying just yet. We will be waiting for a couple of months once I start my cycle.
As far as the bleeding, it only lasted for about 8 or 9 days after my d&c. We didn't have sex for over 2 weeks after the procedure. My spotting happened about 6 days after we have sex. Which means I hadn't bled for 2 weeks. It was 2 different times in one day and I didn't have to wear anything. I only noticed when I wiped. No discomfort or cramping. It was just out of nowhere.

Here's my other question, I can't get pregnant during this time if I haven't even had a cycle, can I?
I would think that would be crazy on my body.

Thanks for answering my questions though. My husband doesn't understand this stuff, but he is very supportive.