Baby Corner Message Board

Baby Corner Message Board (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/)
-   After a Loss (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285)
-   -   Pregnancy signs after miscarriage? (http://www.thebabycorner.com/boards/after-loss-285/pregnancy-signs-after-miscarriage-402663)

journeylee 08-28-12 01:55 AM

Help! Pregnancy signs after miscarriage?

hi there. i have a couple questions and concerns i'm not comfortable chatting with the personal people in my life about, just yet. so i joined this site to see what other (maybe more experienced) mamas have to say about my situation; if anyone has a related experience or some insight.. here goes...

i'm 21, not a mama (yet), perfectly healthy (i think). always had heavier and "sometimes" abnormal period cycles (depending on stress and such). i had went off the pill in november, my fiance and i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant 4 months later, at the beginning of april (april fools!... not). i was really sick during that pregnancy and had a lot of complications, especially bleeding. and at 8.5 weeks i miscarried :(. doctor said it would be less trauma to my body if i went through this process naturally, no d&c. i bled for almost 2 months straight, until i stopped. exactly one month later, had a normal period. assuming i was starting back on my normal period cycle, i calculated when i should expect my next. i should have expected it 8-9 days ago. i still have absolutely no period cramping, or any signs of a period coming soon. nothing (other than moodiness). i've been in some wicked moods lately (very emotional), i yawn a little more than usual, and peeing seems to be a tiny bit more frequent. boobs are sometimes, slightly tender. but they usually feel this way before a period also, so. basically no "major" signs that i'm pregnant. comparing to my first pregnancy experience where i was sick and sore everyday. anyways, just to be sure, i took a clearblue test earlier last week, it said negative.

i guess my question is, could pregnancy tests be wrong sometimes? i'm so confused because this period ain't coming anytime soon, i can just tell. but i'm disgustingly bloated, like crazy! i've been soooo moody! i've been having little more urges to pee lately, and like i said yawning a little more... is it possible i could be even if the test says no? i can't tell if my body and cycle are still trying to find its way since my miscarriage 4 months ago, or if there could be a chance i'm actually pregnant again. i'd like to know, we have been trying :(

journeylee 08-28-12 02:03 AM

Pregnancy signs after a miscarriage?

hi there. i have a couple questions and concerns i'm not comfortable chatting with the personal people in my life about, just yet. so i joined this site to see what other (maybe more experienced) mamas have to say about my situation; if anyone has a related experience or some insight.. here goes...
i'm 21, not a mama (yet), perfectly healthy (i think). always had heavier and "sometimes" abnormal period cycles (depending on stress and such). i had went off the pill in november, my fiance and i found out i was 6 weeks pregnant 4 months later, at the beginning of april (april fools!... not). i was really sick during that pregnancy and had a lot of complications, especially bleeding. and at 8.5 weeks i miscarried :( doctor said it would be less trauma to my body if i went through this process naturally, no d&c. i bled for almost 2 months straight, until i stopped. exactly one month later, had a normal period. assuming i was starting back on my normal period cycle, i calculated when i should expect my next. i should have expected it 8-9 days ago. i still have absolutely no period cramping, or any signs of a period coming soon. nothing (other than moodiness). i've been in some wicked moods (very emotional), i yawn a little more than usual, and peeing seems to be a tiny bit more frequent. boobs are sometimes, slightly tender. but they usually feel this way before a period also, so. basically no "major" signs that i'm pregnant. comparing to my first pregnancy experience where i was sick and sore everyday. anyways, just to be sure, i took a clearblue test earlier last week, it said negative.

i guess my question is, could pregnancy tests be wrong sometimes? i'm so confused because this period ain't coming anytime soon, i can just tell. but i'm disgustingly bloated, like crazy! i've been soooo moody! i've been having little more urges to pee lately, and like i said yawning a little more... is it possible i could be even if the test says no? i can't tell if my body and cycle are still trying to find its way since my miscarriage 4 months ago, or if there could be a chance i'm actually pregnant again. i'd like to know, we have been trying :(

MrsS1stbaby 08-28-12 01:34 PM

Hi there, welcome to TBC! I'm sorry to hear your previous loss, they are never easy, no matter how they happen or how it is discovered.

I beleive pregnancy tests can give false-negatives, but usually a positive is a positive, no ifs, ands, or buts! If you have only taken 1 test, try another brand (dollar store ones are very sensitive and cheap enough to stock up on) and make sure you test in the morning. If it still comes back negative, but AF has not shown up, I would schedule an appt with your OB/GYN to have them take a blood test and have them check you out to see what is going on.

Good luck!

journeylee 08-28-12 02:36 PM

thank-you! i was thinking on waiting until friday, that would make me 2 weeks late on my period. and then i'll do just that.

Dopey406 08-28-12 03:51 PM

:welcome: to The Baby Corner. I wish you'd found us under different circumstances. :hugsad:

Following a miscarriage, our bodies are adjusting to different hormonal changes than what we're accustomed. Because you were pregnant and had a long miscarriage process, then a normal period, it could be that you're pregnant and getting a false negative (which is possible). But if your period hasn't come by the end of the week, it is definitely worth a call to your OB/GYN to find out what could be causing this issue.

I'm sorry you're going through this and I hope you're able to find out GREAT news at the end of this long road! In the meantime, we're happy you've found us and we hope you'll continue hanging around TBC. Many of us have walked this journey ahead of you and have had experiences simliar to yours. :ghug: