Baby Corner

Old 04-22-06, 03:01 PM
is one busy mommy.
Mommy & Trainer

Thanked 155 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 80.57%
Default Another question

I am trying to decide if I'd like a sling or an upright carrier to use for trips to the grocery store, etc. (until he can hold himself upright more easily). Does anyone use one and how do you like it? I'm leaning towards the sling, but . . .
Thanks!

Old 04-22-06, 07:31 PM
is growing and changing every day
Community Member

Thanked 21 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.57%
Talking Neither for me

I never used either of those. . . my sister sent me her old sling, but it was designed for a tall person (she is and I'm not) so it didn't seem to sit well on me.

I ended up just carrying him around in his car seat everywhere we went - they fit nicely in the top of shopping carts and it was easier to drag him around without waking him.

Old 04-24-06, 07:30 AM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 0.57%

I have been trying to wear G since he first came (I finally have had success with a mei hip, but that's another post!) Over the months, I have accumulated quite the collection of slings and things. What I have decided is that if we ever have another baby, I am buying a hotsling

I have always like the pouch concept, but went the elcheapo route before G arrived and they were uncomfortable so G hated them.

I highly recommend going to the mothering.com boards and reading threads in the babywearing forum. Those ladies know all there is to know about babywearing.

I have read that the bjorn type carriers are not the best because of the angle they hold the hips. I think the way to go for a front carrier is the Ergo.

Have fun figuring it out!!!!!

Last edited by alicia67; 04-24-06 at 07:37 AM.

Old 04-25-06, 12:06 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0.57%

I LOVE slings! It takes some getting used to and it's tough at first to get the baby comfie in it, but once it works, it's AWESOME!!!! The key to using one is NOT to give up!

Old 04-25-06, 12:50 AM
is overwhelmed
CL & Mommy 2 Three

Thanked 387 Times
Weekly Activity 34.86%

The sling saved my life with DD. DD HATED to be in the carseat carrier in a shopping cart. I tried the bjorn and found it to be sOOOOOO uncomfortable. It hurt my back and made it look like DD had to huge missles coming out the sides of her head. Somethings I love about the sling. You can wear them in so many different positions. You can wear them from tiny newborn until they are big old toddlers. I wore DD when we went to Disneyland until she was 2. It was great for standing in lines. The sling is very comfortable and super easy to use once you get the hang of it. Dh used to even wear DD in it to put her to sleep for her naps. I have the Nojo sling. There are so many different ones out there, many ladies on here even make their own. One of the keys to being comfortable in the sling is making sure that the material that is across your back is a spread out as possible, this helps keep from having the weight concentrated in anyone area on your back. The other thing is that sometimes, especially with the newborns, they look all scrunched up and squished, but remember where they just came from, and if they are sleeping they are happy.

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools