Baby Corner

Old 06-29-12, 09:06 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 93.75%
Default Biting!

My 14 Month old keeps biting. hes had teeth for along time and hasnt been doing that. We moved in with someone that has a little boy a few months younger then my son could he be teaching my son to bite ( he bite all the time) or is this just something every baby does?

Old 07-02-12, 10:20 AM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 2026.25%

No, this is something you should get him to stop doing.

If the other baby is teaching him to bite, you have to keep your baby away from him. I would watch their interactions very closely and see what is going on.

If your son bites, you have to immediately handle the situation Tell him "No!", remove him from the room, and put him in a timeout. Talk to him the whole time in a stern voice, but without yelling too much. You have to be persistent with this. It will not work the first try and he will probably bite again. With time, patience and repetition he will get the picture, but the major influencing factor will be to remove him from the situation and the tone of your voice.

Old 07-02-12, 10:08 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 93.75%

Okay Thank you very much.

Old 07-03-12, 08:30 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 4220%

Many babies do go through a biting phase, but it is usually when they are first getting their teeth. I agree you will need to start re-directing and removing him from the influence. Same goes for the other baby; when my son (he is 1 now) started biting we told him "No bite!" and would put him down if we were holding him. If he was trying to bite his sister or the dog, we would pick him up and place him down somewhere else and hand him a toy that was safe for chewing on. He hasn't done it in awhile.

On the other hand, my friend's 14 month old has been doing it for awhile and still does it; she is worried that daycare will kick him out if he bites other kids too many times. (cuz they can do that, for real)

Latest Articles
Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

Kate and the Next Royal Baby Update
Where has Kate been? Get the latest scoop on Kate Middleton and her royal baby number two.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools