Baby Corner

Old 03-13-07, 01:53 PM
is mommy to 3 divas and a little man
Toddler and Twin Mommy

Thanked 69 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1720%
Default car seats and vehicles...

Dh and I are having a battle of wills over the new vehicle we want to get. My biggest issue is having the ability to get a car seat in and out when he is not around. Right now we have a two door car and a four door car. The plan is to trade my car in ( the one with 4 doors) and get a four door truck ( and I'm short and DH says running boards or whatever they're called will help). Which leaves us then with a two door car. So what I would like to know is what is everyone's experience getting a car seat in and out of 2 door vehicles and in and out of trucks?

Old 03-13-07, 01:56 PM
is just one of those weird girls.
A work in progress

Thanked 84 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Whether it was a truck or a car...I always have to get inside the car to adjust (remove or add) the carseat....but with DS's carseat/carrier it didn't make a huge impact one way or the other to me...I'm short as well.

Old 03-13-07, 02:09 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

uhh... we get 2 sets of carseats and leave them in both vehicles.
No way am I going to swap the seats around constantly like that.

Old 03-14-07, 01:38 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I had a two door truck and put the carseat in the front which scared me to death so we bought a four door truck. It works out good. I think no matter what you do when they start getting heavy it's a pain.

Old 03-14-07, 04:02 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

that is true - no matter what - you have to get completely inside the vehicle and sit on the carseat (or put your knee in it at least) to get the seat tight enough.
Trust me, you don't want to be doing the 'proper' installation any more than you have to ... it's a complete hassle!!

for a 2 door, you'd throw the front seat forward, toss in the carseat, and then climb into the back to get it all bucked in properly. (and I'm assuming you'd be using the latch systems too. which practically REQUIRE you to get all the way in the car the way they're designed)

Latest Articles
Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

Can Recurrent Miscarriages Be Prevented?
Research is now pointing to uterine natural killer cells to miscarriage which may provide a treatment to prevent future miscarriages in women.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools