Baby Corner

Old 06-07-06, 11:37 AM
Mom to Eli and Owen

Thanked 55 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.11%

I think we need more details on what you need. My home care person for my 7 mo old, we pay $25 a day, $125/week, that's dirt cheap in my area too...

Old 06-07-06, 01:44 PM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I will be working 945-4 everyday and I thought that was actually a good deal considering I was only paid 70.00 a month to watch kids in Alabama. There's no way I can afford almost 500.00 a month. That will take half my pay check.

Also, honestly I don't see 400 a month giving somebody to simply watch a kid? My kids can play for hours and it's not like I'm asking them to teach them or anything like that. Just sit with them in the same house and make sure they don't get hurt.

I don't understand how complicated that is honestly? Even when I watched kids I never charged over 100 a month and I EVEN fed them. Child care is really ridiculously priced if you ask me.

So I didn't see why giving somebody 200.00 a month with me packing their lunches and other snacks and having them come in and be entertainment for a lady's other kids would be "hard" ? I did all my house chores and whatever when I baby sat. I'm really confused as to why it costs so much when your giving them their food etc and all somebody is doing is simply watching?

Last edited by cheekymonkey; 06-07-06 at 01:50 PM.

Old 06-07-06, 01:52 PM
is enjoying life!
Another Perfect Day

Thanked 1,422 Times
Weekly Activity 90%

Where are you living now?

I can't remember but honestly if you get anything under $150 a week for 2 kids you'll be doing extremely lucky.

Heck the teenagers around here want $10 a hour to babysit and if you get someone for the whole day (like a w/e) you'll pay $50 a day.

Old 06-07-06, 01:55 PM
is living life..
VIP Member

Thanked 263 Times
Weekly Activity 1.11%

At the moment.. I am paying my cousin to come to my house for 10 hours a day and she gets $250 a week.. (4 days) But I'm more willing to pay that if it's someone we trust and in our home.
When the kids go to DC in the fall.. 7:45 to 4:10 it will cost me upwards of $255 for 3 days.. this is for 2 kids..

Hell.. I paid my MOM $125 a week when she watched Aedan everyday 8-4.. and that was Super Dirt Cheap.

Old 06-07-06, 01:57 PM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I'm in Roy Utah. Which is 20 miles north of Salt Lake City. Well I had a lady who was charging 1.00 a hour I meant, but her slots fills up really quickly. I'm hoping maybe she can fit the girls in there. Bc then it would be 14.00 a day instead of 40-50. I know I left the kids a daycare not to long ago to go to a job interview and was charged 80.00 for 3 hours of care.

I only make between 1400-1800 a month depending upon how much overtime I put in. My apartment is 800.00 my car payment is 280.00 and then I have the other bills that amounted like the cable bill is 2 or 300 some dollars that I'ms lowly paying off and then my credit card I used for gas is 300.00 in the hole. So see my dilemia. I have to work, but I can't be working just to pay some person to just sit on their butt and watch my kids. I've been on that end and its not as hard as people make it out to be you know?
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools