Baby Corner

Old 06-07-06, 03:23 PM
Community Member

Thanked 33 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

You would NEVER find a place worth taking them too (if even then) for less than $100+ a week per kid. I get a "family" discount so she only charges me the $150 a week for both kids.

I understand what you are saying ..BELIEVE ME!! but it's your kids, your pride and joy and they are 100% responsible for them for 8+ hours a day! I don't think that $100 a week per kid is unreasonable.

I think the dc CENTERS are way over priced in my area. They want $150+ per kid, per week.

It's crazy!

That would be 1/2 my annual salary each year. SIGHHHH

It's such a catch 22 as Alison said. I work because dh is self-employed and we need the insurance. Plus, I've already put in 17 years and want me retirement!

Good luck sweetie.

Old 06-07-06, 11:48 PM
is reading!
Rudi - VIP CL & mom of 2

Thanked 681 Times
Weekly Activity 120%

Gosh, I can't even imagine finding someone to watch my baby for $2.50 an hour. I've reserved a slot for him in March, when my maternity leave will end, and his care will be $277 a week!

I hope you can find something that's affordable and gives you peace of mind that your girls are being well cared for.

Old 06-08-06, 01:10 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Holy cow.

Yea see like the places around here some of them aren't like nice at all u know? and they want outragious prices.

SOO here this is what I came up with. Let me know what y'all think. It's about the only resonable thing I know to do bc it's either work or not work and really not be able to pay anything. It's like y'all said it's a horrible catch 22 and I really don't want to be in it argh..anyway

I called my friend Jenni here who has watched my kids before. She's really sweet person and she watches kids to help make ends meet. Well we worked out a deal. I get 500.00 in food stamps which is WAY to much money for food. So I said I can afford to pay her 250 a month and then I can take her grocery shopping also.. What do you think? I figure. LoL this way Welfare is helping me with child care.. honestly what do u think?? Jenni, the girl I know has 2 kids herself and has a nice house just in a bad spot like me and she was more than happy to take that route. I feel really cheesy though, but I figure. Once I get all my bills caught up I can up it to 400 a month that way its up to par. What y'all think?

Now I"m nervous.

Old 06-09-06, 04:22 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 124 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If she is willing than I think that is fine. I hope it works out and is a good solution for you.

I pay $4 an hour per child ($8 an hour) and we only have them there about 4 hours or so a day. It costs us anywhere from $600-$700 a month

Believe me, I know where your coming from. Between daycare and gas (that runs us almost $500 a month) we would save $800 easily if I weren't working. Yet, that isn't enough for me to actually quit

Old 06-09-06, 07:35 PM
Community Member

Thanked 5 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

If you decide to pay her through your foodstamps, be careful not to let too many people know you are doing it. I imagine that is considered fraud and if you get caught, you could lose your FS.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
March 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations Wasim!

Calculators & Tools