Baby Corner

Old 06-10-06, 12:09 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%

Yea, well breathing while on welfare you get caught and accused of something. That's okay though I"ll be off of it. I just got a letter in they cut my FS down to 190.00 a month. Which is fine by me thats all I spend anyway. I hate the welfare system. Also from what I'm aware of they can't do anything to do for buying food for somebody else. It's your money and you can't come running in and say "I'm out" because you blew it on another family u know? I actually asked my worker that last time I was in there bc I had a friend who was buying food for her ex-husband and his brother.

Oh well I probably talk too much on this site anyway.

Anyway, I talked to her the other day to set up the days for care and she backed out on me.

So one of the girls I work with her sister watches her baby all the time (she's 10wks old) and so I asked her would she be willing to take $250. She lives like 3 houses down below my apartments. Well she said she wouldn't mind coming to my house. She'll be a Junior in HS next year. She's taking a babysitters class this weekend at IHC and I'm going to go over CPR, First Aid with her to make sure she's pretty comfortable. I typed up emergency numbers for the front office and told them if anybody comes by wanting to know where my apartment is to tell them visitors are not allowed. So nobody will be harassing her. I'm pretty comfortable. I told the lady next door to keep an ear out and the managers to keep an eye out also. She seems really really nice though. She does church nursery and baby sits all the time. I've just been the only person who's made her b/come certified.

Call me paranoid. I've also got another backup if she bails on me the Mrs. Fields lady's daughter has her own daycare and said she would take my kids in for 250 a month. So it feels good to know I've at least got a back up plan and ppl who try to help somebody out.

Old 06-12-06, 02:57 PM
Community Member

Thanked 33 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

What a crazy thing to have to work through huh Kelly.

I hate the feeling you get in your stomach when trying to figure out day care.

I am still trying to find a new solution closer to our new home, but still worthy of taking my kids there.

I told ds last night that mommy was looking for a new dc (he asks if "tomorrow is dc day" every night.

) closer to our new house. He asked if sil (current dc provider) or his cousin (her son) would be there. I told him no and he totally lost it! He started crying saying he didn't want a new dc w/out her/him.

Now I'm really confused what to do because he is almost always up for something new when we mention it to him. SIGHHHHH

Old 06-12-06, 09:54 PM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

I know I hate it and I hate that these places think to give good care they have to charge you an arm and a leg. It just saddens me to think how many people are out there that cannot go to work or are working so hard just to pay for a ridculous child care center that is almost putting them bankrupt. It's so unfair and embarassing to ask somebody to watch your kids lower than the normal thing bc you simply can't afford "normal" rates.

I hate it. I can't imagine you having to drive far away to go to daycare. That sucks even more man. BuT, if your kids like them then it's like a what is better for who situation u know?

argh.
Post Reply Post New Topic  

Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools