Baby Corner

Old 07-30-12, 03:00 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 7
Weekly Activity 46100%
Default Detergent for infant clothing

We use a very natural, dye free detergent because my husband has very sensitive skin (none of that super nice smelling stuff for us, alas!).

So I assumed I would keep on using the same thing to wash the clothes of my baby as well. But my friend, who doesn't have a child herself, insists that regular detergents are toxic to babies and I should make my own or buy one from a health food store. I'm all for protecting my baby but is this really necessary?

Old 07-30-12, 09:31 AM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 67520%

I don't think so. The detergent a lot of people turn to is Dreft, which is dye-free and fragrance-free. But it can be expensive and you can use any dye-free and fragrance-free detergent. We did use Dreft when our 1st was born, but we had received some as a gift. After that I switched to the Target brand of Dreft, much cheaper, lol. And now we use All Free & Clear for the whole family.

Old 07-30-12, 10:58 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 7500%

I don't think so. We use dreft however just because I'm paranoid lol. But as long as its fragrance and dye free it should be fine.

Old 07-30-12, 02:45 PM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 49750%

I use dreft for Mollys clothes as well.

Old 07-30-12, 03:54 PM
is loving her husband and children!
Administrator

Thanked 1,189 Times
Level: 10
Weekly Activity 86070%

We've always used Gain for everyone in the house. No problems. I think your little one will be all set with what you have.

Latest Articles
Gaining Too Much or Too Little Weight Linked to Obesity in Children
A new study from the American Journal of Obstetrics and Gynecology has found that women must gain the right amount of weight during their pregnancy to prevent childhood obesity.

Overprotective Husbands During Pregnancy
Is your husband driving you insane by being too overprotective during your pregnancy? Here are ways to handle this common problem without getting into a fight.

Why You Missed Your Period When You are Not Pregnant
Find out what the cause might be when you have missed your period, but a pregnancy test had a negative result.

Getting to Know Baby Before Birth
Want to get to know your baby before birth? Here are seven ways you can bond with your baby during pregnancy.

When Your Child Won't Potty Train
You're all excited to begin potty training and feel this will be a breeze, however your toddler has other plans. If you toddler is being difficult and refuses to potty train, follow these tips for success.

November 2013 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations briannashae123!

Calculators & Tools