Baby Corner

Old 07-15-12, 06:52 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 245.45%
Default Getting baby to sleep in crib

My son will not sleep in his crib. He only wants to sleep in his bouncer or swing. I try getting him to sleep then putting him in his crib but he instantly wakes up. Any advice ladys??

Old 07-16-12, 01:41 PM
is a mother of 2 beautiful kids!
Grounded Dreamer

Thanked 510 Times
Level: 9
Weekly Activity 6138.18%

Has your peditrician checked for reflux? He may like slepping at an angle better due to something like reflux. You can try placing a pillow under one end of the crib mattress to prop it up and then the baby can still sleep at an angle.

Both of our babies slept in their bassinets in our room from the get-go and when they were about 2-3 months old, I started putting them in the crib for naps so when it was time for then to leave our room and into their own, they were already used to it. However, my son though was the same way about waking up as soon as you put him down; he'd prefer sleeping on someone! We had to be super-slow, and gentle when placing him down. Then I would keep my hands around him, then on him, for a minute or two while I slowly rose up. Then I would very carefully remove my hand and back away slowly, and quietly. It was like a (really quiet) Olympic sport, lol!

Almost everyone I know has gone through some sort of sleep issue with their babes at some point- they will grow out it and move onto the next phase! My son has recently started having trouble being put down again and we have to let him cry it out; it only lasts about a minute or less most nights. When he first started doing it, it was like 10 minutes, but every night it got less and less. You have to really watch the clock though and not just listen to the crying, b/c 2 minutes can seem like an hour when they are screaming/crying! Now somenights he barely fusses and others he will cry for 2-4 minutes; I think depends how are tired he is. (or over-tired)

Old 07-16-12, 09:04 PM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Weekly Activity 245.45%

Okay thank you so much! Im kind of scared of the pillow thing because my son rolls over and i dont want it to cause sids but i will ask his pediatrcian about that! Thank you again!

Old 08-16-12, 03:28 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 504.55%

You could try putting a pillow under his crib sheet so he wouldnt be on the pillow but would still be propped up

Latest Articles
13 Ways to Naturally Relieve Morning Sickness
Is morning sickness getting you down? Here are 13 ways to help calm your stomach, and relieve morning sickness whether you have it in the morning, afternoon, or all day.

Milk Allergy in Infants
Sometimes it's difficult to tell if your baby is sick, or if s(he) has a milk or forumula allergy. Learn the difference, the symptoms and treatment options of milk allergies in infants.

Here's Why Eating Organic During Pregnancy Is Better
During pregnancy, it might be wise to switch to eating organic foods for the health of your baby. Learn why.

BPA Exposure and Infertility in Women
BPA seems to have an effect on infants, children, and pregnant women, and there also seems to be a link between BPA and infertility in women.

Kate Middleton Suffers Severe Morning Sickness in Second Pregnancy
Kate Middleton is once again experiencing severe morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, in her second pregnancy.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools