Baby Corner

Old 06-08-06, 02:15 AM
is cold!
Mommy of two

Thanked 220 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%
Default help with my snugglebug

I need suggestions on how I can get my little snuggler to take a nap by herself! She usually falls asleep eating. I let her sleep eaning against me on top of our boppy pillow. If I try to move her to the couch she wakes up within minutes. This pretty much happens when I put her down anywhere - including her crib and cradle. The only place I can put her in is her bouncer chair, but that only lasts for 30 minutes at the most. Any thoughts???? Even if she is swaddled she wakes up. I sure love her and am glad she loves to be held, but it's making living very difficult

Old 06-08-06, 09:51 AM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

Do you have a swing? My daughter really likes the motion of being rocked and would always sleep in her swing. I'm sure others will have some good suggestions.

Old 06-08-06, 01:35 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

First of all I have to tell you that she's beautiful!

You might consider a sling. She would be able to feel and hear you still, but you would have your hands free.

Old 06-08-06, 01:53 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

You may want to try swaddling her and putting her in a swing. At this age their naps are very sporadic and may not last too long, so don;t worry

Old 06-08-06, 04:01 PM
is hoping for good news soon!
VIP Member

Thanked 123 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I found this information. Maybe she isn't in a deep sleep yet when you go to lay her down so she wakes up?

Quote:
Babies have shorter sleep cycles than adults. A sleep cycle is the total time spent going through both active and quiet stages of sleep Adult’s sleep cycles last about ninety minutes, and periods of active sleep occur about four times a night. Babies sleep cycles are half as long as adult’s, and they have twice as many periods of active, or light sleep. When a baby is moving from a quiet into an active state of sleep, he is most easily aroused.

The way a baby falls asleep is also different from an adult. Adults usually go quickly from being awake to being deeply asleep, without going through a period of active sleep first. Babies usually go through an initial period of light sleep for about 20 minutes, then enter a period of transitional sleep, and finally fall into a deep sleep. If a baby is disturbed by a noise or touch during the initial period of REM sleep, or during the transitional stage, he will reawaken easily because he hasn’t had time to enter deep sleep yet. That explains why some babies appear to be asleep, but wake up as soon as you lay them down in their crib, and also explains the baby who cat naps for fifteen minutes, then wakes up as soon as you try to move him.
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools