Baby Corner

Old 06-05-06, 01:49 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 20%

The ladies have given you some pretty good advice. All I can think of is continue to try swaddling. I have had some babies who have to be double swaddled, quite tight! If the baby seems to not calm down with music, hearing a heartbeat, etc. you may want to suggest she keep her in a dark room that is very quiet, or maybe has a white noise like a fan. babies get overstimulated so easy sometimes! Its so hard when you don't know why they are crying

Old 06-05-06, 02:03 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Our baby had a hernia so he was super fussy from day 1. The only way to get him to sleep was to sing to him . The only song he likes is "you are my sunshine" I sing this over and over and over and over and over well you get the idea. Plus our surgeon and ped reccomended a boppy pillow in the crib he loves it. I;m currently trying to wean him from that. NOw I have been taking him for a ride in the care until he is asleep on really fussy nights. Also maybe when she is awake during the day and not anywhere ready for a nap let her spend some alone time in the crib or bassinet so she is awake and aware that its ok to be in there alone. Mama will always come back. Good luck to your sister.

Old 06-05-06, 02:06 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Skyqueen I cant tell you how many nights I spent in the recliner with Ryan on my tummy too....lol Whatever works.

Old 06-05-06, 02:25 AM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

oh, and my DD would NOT sleep on her back.
She even was able to roll herself onto her side -- all by herself -- from a mere couple days old (it was actually freaky).
so we had wedges (specially sold for infants sleeping on their side) and put the wedges in front and behind her and she slept like that happily for several months, then, she was old enough to really start being mobile and we had to wean her off of the wedges.. and that was about a week of sleepless nights during that process too

Old 06-05-06, 11:44 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

My DD would only sleep on her stomach, in her bouncy seat, on top of a faux fur throw!! talk about picky!! I slept beside her in the recliner with my hand on her back. Well, I say slept. You can't sleep while doing that. But it got her used to sleeping without being held. I would say if she's especially fussy she might try giving her a little mylecon after a feeding before she lays down, to rule out gas. Also, when the crying got really bad, I would lay in a warm bath with her. That helped calm her down. I guess my message is let her sleep wherever she will! It really will get better!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

July 2018 Baby Photo Contest Winner
July 2018 Winner
Congratulations Willow!

Calculators & Tools