Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Lost Your Password?

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Newborns & Infants If you have more than one girl.....

If you have more than one girl.....

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 09-12-06, 12:01 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0.91%
Default If you have more than one girl.....

do they share a room?

If so, how do you get them to stop talking and giggling at each other and go to sleep?

I want Becca to get to where she'll go down by herself, but everytime I put her in her bed, she will start talking loudly until Susan sits up and talks back. Then I have Susan coming into the living room telling me that Becca's being too loud and she can't go to sleep.

Old 09-12-06, 12:08 PM
VIP Member

Location: Originally from PA. Now live in OK. Did, however, spend 5 yrs in HK.
Thanked 129 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Our girls will eventually share their own room, but for the time being Jocelyn is still in her crib in our room. I too am curious how it's going to work out when we've got them both in the same room. I'm hoping by holding off on putting Jocelyn in there that by that point they'll both be old enough to get accustomed quickly to the others presence. That or we're screwing ourselves over and it will be 10x harder.

Old 09-12-06, 12:11 PM
CL & Mommy of 2 girls!

Thanked 132 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

All I know is that Becca doesn't fall asleep as easily as she used to when I'm rocking her, but I can't just put her in bed. Even if Susan's already asleep, she'll babble until Susan wakes up. She's messing up my carefully thought out bedtime routine for her.

Old 09-12-06, 12:12 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 86 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

Our girls share a room. Savannah usually goes to bed before Alyssa since she has school in mornings, but Alyssa usually ends up in our room, by the end of the night anyways.

We do have the occasional night that they chatter and giggle, but not too long.

Old 09-12-06, 12:30 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 0.91%

I had to laugh at this one!! We all co-sleep so we still have Naia in the co-sleeper and Shaye is between us (they can't be next to each other or all hell breaks loose - pulling hair, poking eyes, smothering. LOL!). Around 9pm I go in and lay down with both of them (Naia in the co-sleeper and my hand patting her back, Shaye laying on top of my arm with her lovey). Luckily, Shaye usually drifts off to sleep within 10 minutes or so, but Naia is my problem child. She will pop up and talk to herself and sometimes get frustrated that I am making her lay down (with my hand on her). Once Shaye drifts off, I gently ease my arm out from under her and then work on getting Naia to sleep. The process can sometimes take as long as 45 minutes or so, but once Shaye is asleep nothing wakes her up (thank heavens or I'd have a real issue). Some nights Naia is asleep in 5 minutes, other times it's 45 minutes or longer. DP and I are usually in bed by 10 and watching TV and then the news, but sometimes we have other stuff to do

and we stay up for awhile. We are letting them "self-ween" themselves with co-sleeping and I honestly don't expect them to be in their own room for years, but when they are, they will definitely share a room together. We may be getting another baby in January (Shaye's birthmom is pg again) and if it's a girl, we'll probably have all 3 of them in our room and it will be time to push a twin bed up against our king size bed.

When they all start requesting their own rooms we'll probably give Shaye her own room since she's the oldest and let Naia and the baby share a room. If the new baby is a boy and he becomes our son through adoption, then we'll put the girls in a room together and he'll be the lucky duck with his own room.

I don't know how I'll get them to sleep

in their own room.

Hopefully by that age they'll be old enough to tell us that they are tired and they will WANT to go to sleep.

Latest Articles
Benefits of Breastfeeding For a Year or Longer
Only 27% of mothers breastfeed their babies for one year, even though there are benefits abound. Learn the benefits of nursing your baby for a year or longer for both your baby, and for yourself.

October 2014 Celebrity Births and Pregnancy Announcements
Get the latest celebrity baby gossip including who recently has a baby, and who has just announced their expecting, in our monthly celebrity baby and pregnancy update.

2014 High Chair Buying Guide
If you are not sure which high chair to buy for your baby, take a look at our recommendations that are safe, and easy to use.

10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools