Baby Corner

Baby, Trying to Conceive and Pregnancy Message Boards

Member Login

Baby Corner Message Board > Parenting Message Boards > Ages & Stages - Newborns & Infants Not the best day of my life rant and advice?

Not the best day of my life rant and advice?

Post Reply Post New Topic  

Old 06-21-06, 01:23 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 0%
Angry Not the best day of my life rant and advice?

Well yesterday I got a call that nobody was scheduled to work, which I knew was not true bc I knew I had done the schedule correctly. Well turns out one of the girls altered the schedule..which made us short a person after 6 to closing. Well they tried to BLAME ME for it and I KNEW it wasn't me. Well I make duplicate copies OF everything to cover my rear end. Well one of the girls said she didn't know if it was her or not she couldn't remember. So I said that since she was semi-confessing to it that I had to issue her a formal warning, but I would do more digging to find out who exactly did it. Well the one girl who did not show up for work yesterday or today (the girl who's schedule was tampered with) (kinda confusing I know) well anyway, I was very sly and asked her "So did you redo the schedule"..her "yes" me "did you know there was nobody to take your shift?" ..her "Yes" So now I have to call the girl I issued the warning too and tell her to tear it up and I called my boss to tell her that I found out who did it, bc the girl yesterday (the first warning) called my boss. Well I told my boss what was going on and she said that since this girl has done this several times with "no shows" to just terminate her. Well in the great state of Utah you can be terminated w/o any prior warnings. So here I am now put on the spot to call this employee and fire her. WHICH I"D RATHER shoot myself in the foot y'all. So anyway, long story short I fired her and started looking for replacements bc this is a big week with shipments. Well anyway, I go to pick up the girls from daycare and was told Bekah p'eed on herself. WHICH she NEVER does. This place charges me $450 a month and I've had it out with them once bc I picked up the girls and they was both sun burned. Which MY GOD how hard is it to rub SPF on a child?? NOT HARD! ESPECIALLY when I provide it!

So I pick the girls up today, was told about Bekah' p'ing the place is upset that she did it which they keep saying the girls aren't listening. Which they have a trampoline out in the playyard and they can't expect a kid NOT to get on that you know? Which I"m not taking up for my kids, but I mean how tempting is that to a 2 and 4 year old? You know?

ANYWAY, I get the girls home in the bath bc both are filthy from playing (Understandable) and Hannah doesn't want to sit down in the bath, I started looking and her mookey was SOO blistered from having a diaper left on her I"m assuming HALF THE F*CKING DAY. NOW I"M PISSED! I already paid these people up front and from my understanding it's a good place.. RIGHT!

SO I called up a coworker and asked her what she thought about her daycare and she's like OMG I LOVE Them so I called and got the girls enrolled there. GIRLS I am literally read to go beat this daycare woman down. I am so pissed. THEN I get the girls outta the tub and fixed them some dinner. I pack their lunches everyday.. staple, snack, drink and fruit. Well Bekah finished her food in like 2 seconds. I'm like sweetie did ***** feed you today? She said "No mama"

WHICH my child is a picky eater and I CAN TELL SHE"S STARVING! So I went rummaging through my cabinets and made her some more macaroni n cheese she wanted some breakfast muffins ( u know those little bannana nut things) and she drank a huge glass of milk. Her and Hannah both. So NOW I"M beyond pissed. I want my money back ASAP! NOW the question is how in the HECK do I go about getting it back?? Since I paid her upfront??

Old 06-21-06, 01:48 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

In every State I believe that daycare providers must be licensed. If she is licensed, I would just talk to her calmly stating all of the problems you have had with her (just like you did here) and tell you expect a full refund immediately. If she refuses or gets nasty I would calmly tell her that if necessary you will go to the State and she could lose her license. I would take digi pics of any evidence of diaper rash you see NOW as proof. If she has any brains at all (sounds like she may be lacking in that department) she will refund your money immediately!

Old 06-21-06, 01:52 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Well from my understanding is trying to get her license. What makes me angry is she came highly recommended like I said and she watches 8 kids. Which in Utah the legal limit is 6 to a house hold w/o another provider. Well I didn't know that until this morning also. I walked in and there was kids everywhere. I was like how many do you have? She said 8 and i was like OH K.. Well now that my kids have come home TWICE now with this it just infiruates me! You know?? Like it isn't like she hasn't been paid yet bc I paid up front and tha tmakes me so mad tha tpeople could care less about taking care of kids and worries more about counting dollars.

Do you think I should put in a complaint anyway with DHR? This makes me so mad I swear.

Old 06-21-06, 03:55 AM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I would definately put in a complaint asap. This is totaly uncalled for, I have been a childcare provider on and off for 10 yrs and never in a million years would I #1 allow a child to be in wet anything for any amount of time and #2 would I let the child go hungry picky or not, especially if the parent provides food. I also would demand my money back minus the days they went...This is absolutely not cool

I have lived in several states and in every state I have ever lived in 6 is the max number of kids a single person can watch, and if there are infants in the care its less then that. I am pissed just reading what your girls went thru

Definately report this lady before anymore kids have to suffer

Old 06-21-06, 09:29 AM
Kids... 24/7

Thanked 265 Times
Weekly Activity 20%

I know in MA the rule is 6 kids total for one adult. AND only 2 of those 6 kids can be under 15mos.
If she's TRYING to get licenced she shouldn't be watching all of those kids... AND if she's already breaking the rules by taking 8 kids instead of the maximum 6, then that's REALLY not cool.
I'd report her... and she'll get a visit...
But first I'd figure out how many days they went/didn't go and figure out how much $$ she should give back!!
Latest Articles
Pregnant Woman's Guide to The Zika Virus
Get the latest information about the zika virus during pregnancy including how to protect your unborn baby or infant, signs and symptoms, complications, and prevention.

Fetal Development Video
Video showing how a fetus developed during the 40 weeks of pregnancy. Fetal Development Video

Adventure Vacations with Your New Family Are Possible
If you spent time as a couple exploring vast areas of the world, that doesn't have to end just because you have a new baby. Here are 6 tips to make your vacations fun for the whole family. Plus, vacation ideas to help you get started.

The "Mozart" Effect: How Music Helps Your Baby's Development
Can your baby really be smarter if your listen to Mozart, or other classical music, during pregnancy?

What to Expect Postpartum: Your Period
The postpartum period brings many changes to a woman's body. Learn what to expect with your period including when it will return and warning signs to watch out for.

May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
May 2017 Baby Photo Contest Winner
"Kiara"
Congratulations jaydipdave!

Calculators & Tools