Baby Corner

Old 02-27-07, 10:58 AM
needs to get back in gear

Thanked 102 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Sarah doesn't have any yet. She likes to use my old stuff too... She only uses it in our house though...

Old 02-28-07, 04:19 PM
Long Time Member

Thanked 422 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

never.
my kids will never have 'play makeup'.
When they can buy it themselves, they can wear real makeup (but I hope they choose not to at all)

Old 02-28-07, 04:28 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 42 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Lauren got a makeup kit for her birthday one year from a relative. I actually didnt let her start playing with it until she was about 5+. Even then, its only very pale colors and only in the house. Honestly she was interested in it for a very short while and now its rarely even opened. Right now her thing is lipgloss (without color or very pale pink) and she wears that in the house.

Old 03-04-07, 05:28 PM
Community Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

I honestly don't know. I don't wear makeup myself. I know I would never buy any for her. But if she got some from someone else I would probably not try to make a big deal about it.

Old 03-05-07, 04:22 PM
Is now legally Mrs. DP

Thanked 18 Times
Weekly Activity 1.03%

Having 3 girls, I'm sure this will be an issue. I don't like it and I don't think make up has any business being on the face of a little girl. So, I'm saying absolutely not.

My mom visited a few months ago and when I ran to the market and left her alone with the girls for a little one on one bonding time I came home and mom had painted Shaye's fingernails and toenails. The only reason I didn't freak out is because I know that my mom was only doing it as a way to be close to her granddaughter (and Shaye loved it!). We don't have nail polish and only very little makeup in the house. DP never wears it and I only have a light powder and some eye shadow, so the girls won't see their mommies putting it on anyway.

Latest Articles
When Becoming Parents Kills Your Coupledom
It's a common problem after baby arrives to forget about the most important part of your family: Your Marriage. Find out why marriages seem to fall apart after baby, and how to get back to being the couple you once were.

How to Afford a Baby in the U.S. Today
It's true that raising a baby through the college years is expensive, especially today. However, with savvy financial skills, any couple can afford a baby today. Learn how!

Celebrity Baby News: August 2014
August 2014 was hopping with new celebrity births and pregnancy announcements from celebrities like Christina Aguilera, Kelsey Grammer, Christian Bale, and Christina Ricci. Get the details here!

Bexco Recalls 1,100 4-in-1 Convertible Cribs
Bexco's Franklin & Ben Mason style 4-in-1 style cribs due to fall and entrapment hazards. Get information about how to order a repair kit to keep your baby safe.

Should Pregnant Women Eat More Tuna?
Consumer reports disagrees with the US Food and Drug Administration about the amount of safe tuna fish consumption in pregnant women?

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations bexiboo85!

Calculators & Tools