Baby Corner

Old 09-22-05, 11:23 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Level: 1
Weekly Activity 1.25%
Default Questions about how much

Hi! I have a question I need an answer to....
My baby just turned 5 months old. We've been using a 4oz bottle. Well I mix it by adding a tablespoon of cereal (per dr) then the 2 scoops of formula then add 4 oz of warmed water. Stir and voila! dinner time! Once it's all mixed there is actually 5 + oz in the bottle. He drinks every drop of that and then freaks out when I try to burp him. I have given him the 6 oz bottles mixed the same way (it ends up being 7 - 8oz then) but he wouldn't finish it all. Last night at bed time he had the 6oz bottle and finished it up. Is it time to start giving him the bigger bottles each time? I know probably yes, but I needed other opinions. Also, I haven't done this, but am wondering can I save what he didn't eat till next time. I no probably not but wanted to ask anyway. Thanks for any input!

Old 09-23-05, 12:11 AM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Okay here u go sis. This is the basic standard give or take 2-4 oz's. Every baby is different and you need to rely on their que's. So it certainly sounds to me like he's wanting some more food there mama and don't be afraid to bump up the bottle size.

I wanted to also tell you since he's 5 mos old now. What you can do for a yummy tide over snack is get you some fruit. ie: Bananna's, peaches things that are soft. Mix you a quart size of formula up. throw it all in your blender with your fruit. Mix it up until it is well blended and serve that to your lil man. I guarentee that will tide him over and help keep down his hunger pains. I know mine absolutely LOVED bananna bottles and I know he probably will too. I would try a fruit that has low acidity in it first to keep it from effecting his tushy. Also stick with one fruit for one week then try another type. You dont want to be giving him two or three different types and he have an allergic reaction. You won't know what he's allergic too. If you already know that just go DUH KELLY lol. Anyway hon I hope this helps u out!

Range of Feeding Amounts

0-3months
At birth: 6-10 feedings
60-120 mL
(2-4 oz)
By 2-3 months: 5-6 feedings
120-180 mL
(4-6 oz)

4-6 Months

5-6 feedings
150-180 mL

(5-6 oz)

7-9 Months
4-5 feedings
180-200 mL

(6-7 oz)

[B]
10-12 Months
[/B]

3-4 feedings
200-240 mL

(7-8 oz)

Last edited by cheekymonkey; 09-23-05 at 12:15 AM.

Old 09-23-05, 09:19 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 1.25%

Thank you so much!!! I think he would love a "baby shake"! I copied the feeding guide too!

Old 09-23-05, 11:46 PM
Visitor

Thanked 0 Times
Weekly Activity 0%

Okay great!!!

He'll love it I guarentee it. Mine absolutely went to pieces after they finished theirs

I had the WIC lady give me a snarrled up look and ask.. "WHATS WRONG WITH THAT MILK?" I'm like LOOK its bananna's FRESH ONES its not hurting her she likes it so SHUT UP!

Let me know how he likes it.

Latest Articles
10 Car Seat Mistakes Most Parents Make
Studies show that many parents make these 10 common mistakes. Find out how to make sure your baby's car seat is safe.

Interpreting Your Pregnancy Dreams
Many pregnant women experience strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere. Find out what your dreams during pregnancy might mean.

How to Calculate Your Pregnancy Calorie Needs
How many calories you eat depend on many factors. Find out the formula used to estimate how many daily calories you need during your pregnancy.

What Will Your Fertility Chart Look Like If You Are Pregnant?
If you're curious to know if you are pregnant, or not, and the pregnancy test results are negative, looking at your fertility chart can help.

Heavier Birth Weight Equals Higher IQ
A paper out of Northwestern University shows that a heavier weight at birth may be linked to smarter children with higher IQ test scores.

September 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations romasa!

Calculators & Tools