Baby Corner

Old 06-30-12, 11:51 AM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 4522.73%
Default Teething

I never knew teething would be so stressful.
My daughter is in the beginning of her teething stage and
its really getting the best of her, (and me.) I have the baby orajel and i bought her a teething ring. Shes always running a fever (which i know is common with teething) but its hindering her sleep. She doesn't want to go down for a nap, she screams when i try. She's not eating as much, she just wants to gum the nipple of the bottle. i have baby tyelonol and put a cold wash cloth on her head. I even try a cool bath.
Well, it is very stressful and i feel like i try everything to no avail.
I was wondering maybe some moms out there might have some magic technique that worked with them? lol
Or do i just keep doing what im doing and it will get better over time?

Old 07-02-12, 10:02 AM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 2947.27%

Ohhh.. the teething days.. Yes, it's quite painful and all the symptoms seems normal. How high is the fever? The Tylenol should help her with the pain and the fever. It it is not, call the doctor and see what else you could try. They should be more than happy to tell you over the phone.

What you could try is ice on the gums to ease the pain and reduce swelling. Or get put teething ring in the fridge for a while and get it really really cold.

The pain will intensify until the tooth comes through, but once it starts coming through it should get better. It's just getting the tooth through the gum that is the hardest.

Last edited by Elizabeth; 07-02-12 at 10:04 AM.

Old 07-02-12, 01:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 4522.73%

her temp varies between 99.6 and 100.1, which I heard is normal for teething. I will try putting it in the fridge. I had put it in the freezer but I think it was too cold for her, she didnt like that too much. thanks so much for the reply!

Old 07-15-12, 07:02 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 245.45%

Try teething tablets my doctor told me they work like a charm.

Old 07-15-12, 11:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 4522.73%

i will try those, i havent yet. thanks for the tip

Latest Articles
13 Ways to Naturally Relieve Morning Sickness
Is morning sickness getting you down? Here are 13 ways to help calm your stomach, and relieve morning sickness whether you have it in the morning, afternoon, or all day.

Milk Allergy in Infants
Sometimes it's difficult to tell if your baby is sick, or if s(he) has a milk or forumula allergy. Learn the difference, the symptoms and treatment options of milk allergies in infants.

Here's Why Eating Organic During Pregnancy Is Better
During pregnancy, it might be wise to switch to eating organic foods for the health of your baby. Learn why.

BPA Exposure and Infertility in Women
BPA seems to have an effect on infants, children, and pregnant women, and there also seems to be a link between BPA and infertility in women.

Kate Middleton Suffers Severe Morning Sickness in Second Pregnancy
Kate Middleton is once again experiencing severe morning sickness, or hyperemesis gravidarum, in her second pregnancy.

July 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations nwad2470!

Calculators & Tools