Baby Corner

Old 06-30-12, 11:51 AM
is a stay at home Mommy<3
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Level: 8
Weekly Activity 4662.61%
Default Teething

I never knew teething would be so stressful.
My daughter is in the beginning of her teething stage and
its really getting the best of her, (and me.) I have the baby orajel and i bought her a teething ring. Shes always running a fever (which i know is common with teething) but its hindering her sleep. She doesn't want to go down for a nap, she screams when i try. She's not eating as much, she just wants to gum the nipple of the bottle. i have baby tyelonol and put a cold wash cloth on her head. I even try a cool bath.
Well, it is very stressful and i feel like i try everything to no avail.
I was wondering maybe some moms out there might have some magic technique that worked with them? lol
Or do i just keep doing what im doing and it will get better over time?

Old 07-02-12, 10:02 AM
is blessed
Mom of Two

Thanked 36 Times
Level: 6
Weekly Activity 2850.98%

Ohhh.. the teething days.. Yes, it's quite painful and all the symptoms seems normal. How high is the fever? The Tylenol should help her with the pain and the fever. It it is not, call the doctor and see what else you could try. They should be more than happy to tell you over the phone.

What you could try is ice on the gums to ease the pain and reduce swelling. Or get put teething ring in the fridge for a while and get it really really cold.

The pain will intensify until the tooth comes through, but once it starts coming through it should get better. It's just getting the tooth through the gum that is the hardest.

Last edited by Elizabeth; 07-02-12 at 10:04 AM.

Old 07-02-12, 01:01 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 4662.61%

her temp varies between 99.6 and 100.1, which I heard is normal for teething. I will try putting it in the fridge. I had put it in the freezer but I think it was too cold for her, she didnt like that too much. thanks so much for the reply!

Old 07-15-12, 07:02 AM
Community Member

Thanked 1 Time
Level: 2
Weekly Activity 253.05%

Try teething tablets my doctor told me they work like a charm.

Old 07-15-12, 11:31 PM
Community Member

Thanked 4 Times
Weekly Activity 4662.61%

i will try those, i havent yet. thanks for the tip

Latest Articles
The EEOC Updates the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has revised it's guidelines protecting working pregnant women, and those who wish to become pregnant even more than before.

Cloth Diapers vs Disposables
Should you use cloth diapers, or disposable? Find out with our cloth vs disposable diaper buying guide, and get advice on how best to choose.

How Often Should Your Baby Poop?
Find out how often your baby should poop, how you can tell if your baby might be constipated, and what treatment options are available if your baby is constipated.

Baby Bottles: Which Ones Should You Choose?
When buying baby bottles, there is a vast array of choices for expectant Moms to choose from. Here are some considerations for making this important purchase.

Celiac Disease & Gluten-Free Diets During Pregnant
If you are pregnant with celiac disease, you will need to take extra precautions to make sure you are eating healthy, and getting enough nutrients when eating a gluten free diet.

May 2014 Baby Photo Contest Winner

Baby Photo Contest Winner
Congratulations farul!

Calculators & Tools